Created by MyFitnessPal - Calorie Counter

Sunday, May 14, 2006

Update

5/12 - 280.0 lbs, 35.2% bf. And the downward trek continues. Didn't do my usual routine, so I had a croissant (damn, they're good). Then I actually had to go home and wait for the plumber to come and fix a leaking water heater. Fortunately, it was nothing like StB's recent troubles with leaking pipes. Anyway, I had my salad mix for 90 cal, and a pita sandwich for approximately 300 cal. I did have some chips and salsa as a snack, adding roughly another 300 cal. Dinner was roughly 800 cal of sushi, followed by roughly 600 cal of dessert from Extraordinary Desserts. All told, I probably inhaled 2560 cal for the day. Not good.

5/13 - 280.2 lbs and 36.0% bf. I guess the gym helped. I did a bad thing, though. GF and I were pet sitting for the weekend, so I went to go let the critters out into the yard for the day. I gave in to the siren song of 2 McMuffins for $2.50. I know BSN will feel my pain. Not feeling too hungry, I had some chips and salsa around lunch. Frankly, I was more focusing on the bloodbath I was taking at the poker tables, than I was on eating anything. Dinner was at Red Lobster. GF and I shared a helping of some lobster flauta things, a caesar salad, and their lobster chops. I have no idea how many calories I consumed, but I'm sure it was way too much.

5/14 - 280.6 lbs and 35.8% bf. Long walks with the doggie seem to have been helping minimize the damage. I don't know how today could possibly be minimized, though. Mother's Day. GF and I went to a brunch buffet at Loews Coronado Bay Resort (we celebrated with my mother last week, before her new round of chemo started. She's doing fairly well, all things being equal). Omelet bar, sushi, rolls, various cheeses, smoked salmon, 5 different kinds of caviar, tortellini, prime rib, turkey breast, ham, jumbo shrimp cocktail, crab legs, salads, taco bar, champagne, and one of the most evil dessert spreads I've ever seen, including a chocolate fountain with skewers of marshmallows and rice krispy treats looking for all the world like Willy Wonka's own version of ka-bobs! I don't even want to speculate how many calories I consumed. Because it was brunch, we eventually did get hungry again, and shared some Pad Thai and a Spicy Vegetable dish. We shall see what Monday looks like.

To sum up the week:

Weigh in on 5/7 - 283.0 lbs. 0 lbs lost from start.
Weigh in on 5/14 - 280.6 lbs. 2.4 lbs lost for week. 2.4 lbs lost from start.

Pounds to go: 40.6 lbs.

2 comments:

AWE said...

The thing that has been saving my ass lately is the light tortilla chips from Lays. I have been eating them with fat free sour cream and salsa.

I have to stay away from buffets or I will eat way to much. If I saw a chocolate fountain like you described I would lose my mind.

iamhoff said...

It was pure evil. Chips and salsa, particularly the light chips are a life saver (mmmm, lifesavers). I don't know what happened with the buffet. The digital scale read the same Monday morning as it did Sunday morning before the buffet. Maybe hoity-toity food isn't as fattening!