Created by MyFitnessPal - Calorie Counter

Saturday, May 06, 2006

A Sign of the Apocalypse

So I'm wandering thru the grocery store this morning, buying the usual crap. Bottled water. Pita bread for sandwiches. Soup. Diet Coke. It was near this last item that I stared deep into the abyss. In a quick flash of insight before my eyes exploded, I whipped out the camera phone and shot this picture:

NATURAL CHEETOS?!?!? Holy Hebrew National Franks, Batman! I was unaware that there was anything natural about them in the first place! Once I slipped the Thermonuclear Protection of my Mil Spec Oakley Eye Jackets over my suffering eyes, I was able to read some of the information on the bag. First of all, it said "no artificial colors. Huh? Cheetos are about nothing BUT artificial colors! Do you really think that shade of cheeto orange occurs in nature? Apparently they use organic flour and white cheddar cheese (byproducts, I assume). And in keeping with the whole organic-natural-healthy vibe, instead of an obviously clear plastic bag, the bag was still plastic but had that brown paper bag appearance thing going on at the top and around the label. Be afraid, be very afraid, as they also had other varieties such as Natural Tostitos chips. I'm sure Natural Doritos aren't too far behind.

5/5 - 277.0 lbs. and 35.0% bf. And the slide continues. The day started off correctly, with the instant breakfast and oatmeal morning. Lunch consisted of another mixed greens salad with fat free ranch dressing and a Lean Pocket Cheeseburger sandwich thing. Then came the afternoon (cue bells of doom). We had a going away party for one of the employees. We had Marie Callendar Banana Cream Pie and French Silk Pie. Curse them all!!! I had one piece of the French Silk pie, because I'm a sucker for anything chocolate. Damn them to hell! Dinner consisted of a variety of sushi rolls. As best as I can estimate from Calorie King, probably 800 cal worth. And on the weekend the gf gets to go out and have dessert at one of several swanky dessert places. I managed to get away with having half of a slice of this Grand Marnier Chocolate Truffle cake. I'm lucky if that half alone was only 400 cal. All told, probably around 2500 cal for the day! We'll see what the morning holds...

1 comment:

River Driver said...

I understand your pain. Friday was "Grandparents' Day" at school, and our development office had asked most of the girls to bring cookies or brownies and other desserts for the grandparents to snack on. Well, since most of the girls complied, it meant we had about 50 cookies per grandparent. Many of them didn't seem hungry, so our frantic director of development ran around asking the teachers if we would allow our students to pick up some cookies to snack on as they headed back to class (a frustration for us because it took the girls forever to choose their desserts and get back to class, they got crumbs and stuff all over in the classrooms, and they were wired for the rest of the day), and of course they encouraged us teachers to take some cookies for ourselves. Couldn't let it all go to waste, you know. So I did my part and took one (actually three) for the team. Double chocolate cookies. Yowza.