Created by MyFitnessPal - Calorie Counter

Sunday, April 02, 2006

Hey Kids, It's Update Time!

OK. Real quick.

3/29 - Weight in a.m.: 282.8 lbs. I was on the road, but didn't do too badly food-wise. Wheat Thins for breakfast (8 a.m. staff meeting, no time for anything else). Fast food (trying to be careful) for lunch. Whole Foods frozen enchiladas. 310 cal, 8g fat, 42g carb, 5g fiber, 16g protein. Not nearly enough physical activity.

3/30 - 281.4 lbs. On road again. Oatmeal for breakfast. I forget what lunch was, and I went out with a friend from Rhode Island (Aaron "Zippy" Katz) for sushi and beers. Oh well.

3/31 - 282.2 lbs. Yep. Gained a pound. I blame Karl Strauss and his Amber Lager the night before. Oatmeal and Instant Breakfast for breakfast (logically enough). Salad bar at Sizzler for lunch. Out with gf and Zippy for dinner at a wicked-cool restaurant, Indigo Grill. Had prawns and several drinks. Bad, naughty Zoot.

4/1 - 283 lbs. I suck. Missed breakfast. Not trying, but was originally going to have brunch with Zippy and his family. That morphed into lunch. Lobster Burrito and shrimp taco. Yum. Evil. Dinner was Hunter Steakhouse (long story, but it was the gf's fault due to her bodily needs during a certain "time" of the month. shut up. we're all adults, and I'm sure the few of you who read this are mostly female, Roscoe not withstanding), and it was evil good.

4/2 - 283.6 lbs. Probably would've been worse, but doggy took me on a long run/walk. Thanx, Ginger! Omelete for breakfast with gf. Spent the day walking around car dealerships looking at things. Leading candidates to replace the Pathfinder are a new Pathfinder, Grand Cherokee, and Explorer. Updates will follow. To reward tireless gf for putting up with my car needs, we went to a swanky restaurant in Del Mar, The Poseidon. Tried to eat somewhat good, but the gf likes a lot of food. Calamari, caesar salad, clam chowder, and seared ahi.

We'll see what the day holds tomorrow. Probably bad. Padres home opener. That means beer and bad food. It may rain, so we'll see.

2 comments:

River Driver said...

Sorry things aren't improving yet. I had several days of no weigh-in since we were out of town for kayaking. Figured my weigh-in last night when we got home would be poor since we ate junk all weekend--power bars and such on the river, Mexican food for dinner Saturday night, fast food for breakfasts and lunches all over the place, plus chips and candy in the car for the long drive--but the dieting demons favored me. Due to the day of heavy physical activity, the lack of large amounts of food in the middle of the day because we were on the river, a nasty cold that took the fight out of me on Sunday and made me not feel like eating anything, and an upleasant intestinal problem on the drive home that left me dehydrated and chugging Pepto straight from the bottle, I came out with my lightest weigh-in yet: 181.8.

Although I am disappointed that I am not further along in my quest, I'm actually well within reach of my original goal from back in October--to be under 175 by the time graduation rolls around (May 13). I just need to recommit myself to the working out phase of things. Didn't go well this morning. There ain't no way in hail I'm getting up at what feels like 3 a.m. to go to the gym. Maybe tomorrow. I'll meet Ross tonight, though, and we'll lift arms and gerbil for awhile before going home to watch 24.

Just hang in there. I have yo-yoed a lot from day to day (heck, from hour to hour) so you can't hang yourself for a few bad days.

iamhoff said...

I'm just trying to get to a consistent state where I'm hitting the gym to (as you say) lift and gerbil (why does that sound like some sort of Pet Shop Boys felching thing?). My physical activity has been just above nothing. Walking the dog. Driving. That's been pretty much it. Hopefully I can get some consistency going. We'll see...