Created by MyFitnessPal - Calorie Counter

Thursday, March 30, 2006

Quick and Dirty Update for 3/28

So, I decide to get all dedicated and stuff on this losing weight thing, and the forces of the world conspire against me. Just finding the time to do these entries is difficult. So to do the update for Tuesday, 3/28:

Weight: 281.6 lbs.
Change from previous day: down 1.6 lbs.
Overall change from baseline: down 1.6 lbs.
Pounds to go to reach my goal: 41.6 lbs.

I know I never formally announced my goal weight. Given the scale controversy, I don't know how likely it is I'll be able to attain my goal within any reasonable amount of time, but my goal weight is 240 lbs.

3/28 was not entirely a bad day. Food-wise, I did pretty well. For breakfast, I had my oatmeal (150 cal) and my breakfast drink (220 cal). In the middle of the morning, I had approximately 1 oz of Reduced Fat Wheat Thins (approx 140 cal). Lunch consisted of Campbells Chunky Beef with Garden Veggies soup (approx 240 cal) and a Lean Pocket (280 cal), finished with 4 Thin Mint Girl Scout Cookies (approx 310 cal). I had another handful of Wheat Thins (140 cal) in the middle of the afternoon, and was all ready to eat a Lean Cuisine or something similar when I arrived home. Unfortunately, here's where the gods of chance and annoyance crashed the party. I had taken my truck to the dealer to have some work done on it. Unfortunately, the estimate to fix everything that was wrong came to $1900! So that delayed me in getting home and put me on major tilt. For any non-poker players who wonder about that, "tilt" is basically when you are totally bent out of shape and freak out. So I finally get home (almost bought a brand new Nissan Pathfinder on the spot, but that's another story) after fighting traffic thru the rain, only to find out that the lovely gf had an absolutely crappy day at work and that she was on uber-tilt as well. The easiest way to calm her down is to feed her, preferably at a nice restaurant. So we picked an Indian place here in San Diego, figuring that a curry dish with veggies and chicken breast wouldn't do too much damage. So after trying to find a parking space for a half hour, we gave up and stopped at a...wait for it...Chinese Buffet!!!! Evil! Especially because I'm a whore for Chinese food in general, and noodles/pasta in particular! All you can eat lo mein, rice, won tons, etc.? Holy crap! I'd conservatively estimate the meal did 2000 cal of damage, for a total consumption of approximately 3500 calories. Oy!

Well, maybe my physical activity would make up the difference. Not really. Not having a vehicle, I stayed at my desk. Given the rain, I didn't golf or go walking at lunch, either. So rough calculations give me a total calories burned for the day of approx. 2500. As expected, this did have a bad effect on the weight, but I'll save those details for the next post. On that topic, I am trying to figure out how I want to format all of this info. I'll be playing around with structure and content in future posts, but for now I'm beat and need to sleep.

3 comments:

River Driver said...

Sorry for the bummer of a day. I haven't done well this whole week. Not having Ross here to motivate me to go to the gym, I think I've only gone twice. Not good since my usual plan is to go twice A DAY. Bad bad bad. I've had a lot to do, and so I've managed to prioritze myself right out of going to the gym. Luckily, I've been so busy I haven't had the time to eat much, so my weight is close to my best weigh-in (183 last night; 182 is my best). But I really need to rededicate myself to this whole weight loss thing. Starting next Monday (well, maybe Tuesday since the time change this weekend will make my usual start time feel like 3 a.m. and it might take me awhile to get used to it) I will go back to my two-a-days. I can't start tomorrow because we're leaving right from work to go to North Carolina to kayak this weekend.

How did you do yesterday? Better? Worse? how about today? Just hang with it. I know it sucks, but it beats heck out of the alternative.

I checked out that Calorie King thing. I downloaded the free trial. It's fun to play with. I haven't decided if I'm going to pony up the dough for the software, but it is entertaining.

iamhoff said...

Yesterday was definitely better food wise. Not nearly enough physical activity, but so it goes. I'll get a full post up tonight (I hope). I haven't downloaded anything at Calorie King. I know they've got all sorts of programs and such, but I just use it for the food database. Like did you know that Jack in the Box tacos are only 157 cal each? That's health food, baby! 2 tacos, 99 cents! Can't go wrong! Have fun driving on the river, and good luck with Maer. I may be buying a new car soon...I'll keep ya posted.

MusikMom said...

My excuse is that I have no excuse. I pick up Kaitlyn at the Y... The gym is only one door down from the afterschool program. Ever since our long weekend began Thursday of last week, I've been missing the workouts. But I have been trying to watch the points...
Hang in there, everyone!!

Oh well,
Mon :-)
Mon :-)