Created by MyFitnessPal - Calorie Counter

Saturday, April 29, 2006

As promised, the weighty details.

4/26 - 285.0 lbs and 36.1% bf. All I can figure is that I was on the road that day, and hit a Souplantation for lunch. Buffets of any kind are not g00t. Also played pokah that night and had a few Jack and Diet Cokes.

4/27 - 284.0 lbs and 35.6% bf. Out of oatmeal, so I had a croissant for breakfast (damn the guy who comes thru the office every morning). Lunch was actually somewhat healthy...not on the road, so I had a lean pocket sandwich and a bowl of Campbells Select Chunky Chicken & Egg Noodle soup. Bad things for dinner. I got a hankerin' (is that the correct pronounciation, Jill?) for PF Chang's Kung Pao Shrimp.

Yup. Bad scene, Bix.

4/28 - 285.4 lbs, 35.5% bf. Again, had a croissant with my breakfast drink because I was out of oatmeal. Brought a healthy lunch, but got sent on the road. Managed to be relatively good...Jack in the Box Southwest Chicken Pita and two tacos. All told, around 600 cal for lunch. Dinner was not good. Hungry Hunter Steakhouse. Very tender New York Strip, rice pilaf, salad, and a piece of cheesecake for dessert. Saturday morning (later than now) should be interesting.

As I discussed earlier, I'm trying to reconfigure this here bloggy thingie. As such, posts and some formatting will probably change this weekend. Bear with me whilst I figure out the logistical crap.

1 comment:

River Driver said...

Bad scene, Bix. (Note on that, before I get into the commenting: I was listening to Say What on NPR, a sort of game show where they try to define words and trick each other into the wrong definitions; one of the words they were asked to define was a term recently dropped from the dictionary--MOLDY FIG--none of them knew what it was, but the host said the only time he'd ever heard the term was on a Stan Freberg comedy album--Yay!)

Anyway, I've had to make another alteration to my eating habits. I have discovered I cannot take all my snack food with me at the beginning of the week, because I'll hit the snacks too much during the day. I take my soups (those Healthy Choice ones, and some of the Campbell's Select soups) at the beginning of the week, and my popcorn. Everything else I pack up in a little mini lunchbag cooler each morning. I try to hold myself to 700-800 calories during the day so I've got enough left over (plus working out) to survive an actual dinner. So I take a fat-free yogurt (100 cals), a sugar free pudding (60 cals), a couple of mini boxes of raisins (45 cals each), a granola bar (100 cals), a packet of chewy fruit snacks (100 cals), and some string cheese (80 cals); if I'm working out in the morning (which I've done a little better at this week, and foresee more improvement for next week since lacrosse is done now) I'll take one of those Slim Fast meal-on-the-go bars (220 cals) and eat it on the way to the gym in the morning for breakfast. I just eat off and on throughout the day when I get the chance, like in between classes and during my planning period. But if I don't take too much snack food with me, I can't overeat, because we don't have any food vending machines or anything. My real fear is controlling my eating when school gets out. I'll be at home all day, with lots of snack time available. Being at home alone tends to be the worst for me, because I just snack and snack. I hope I can build some self control!

What is your daily schedule like? Where can you find the most free time (this means don't count other hobbies like poker in your schedule)? Maybe you need to give yourself three nights a week of at least an hour at the gym, and the other four nights can be poker nights. I know you need to spend time with Jodi, but she needs to understand that this gym thing is something you HAVE to do.

This is a weird question, but do you have any health problems? I've got Mom's bad heel (plantar fasciitis) and Dad's blood pressure (it's WAY too high, even after losing 35 pounds). I worry about developing all those other fun things we have in our family history (cancer, heart problems, diabetes), so I really feel like the weight-loss thing is a life-or-death issue with me. I've still got at at least 25 pounds to go before I feel like I'm in a healthy place as far as my weight. I just have to stick with it, and you do to!

Sorry for the seriousness of the comments; I think it's PMS.

:)