Created by MyFitnessPal - Calorie Counter

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Birthday Update!

Quick update. I’ve been on the road and just overall busy. Besides work, all I’ve been doing is car shopping and taxes. I finally, for the first time in quite some time, made it to the gym last night. Pain is goot. I haven’t even had much time for poker! Oh well. At least I’ve got the dog walks for regular physical activity. So, now that I finally found my log sheets from the past week (got folded up in the tax stuff…I wonder if it’s easier to deduct my weight from my taxes. It’s can’t be any more difficult than deducting it from my body!), it’s time for a series of updates. Side note, I finally got the body mass (euphemism for fat) calculation tool on my scale to work. Something about my big feet. Meh. Here we go.

Didn’t eat much on Saturday due to communications breakdown. GF had to go to a baby shower and I had to wait to rescue her from it. Suffice to say, snack for breakfast and no lunch. Dinner was nice and healthy. Seared sushi-grade ahi tuna, from Sbicca in Del Mar. Outstanding view of my Pacific Ocean (just blocks away from my highschool beach bum days at 19th Street) and exquisite food. End result, weigh-in Sunday morning was 281.0 and a body fat percentage of 35.1%

Sunday 4/9. Weigh-in as above. Bagels and cream cheese for breakfast, because we were meeting my parents for lunch to celebrate my impending birthday. Red Lobster. Tried to be good and had the shrimp combo. Some deep fried shrimp, and scampi. Didn’t remember seeing the grilled ones, tho, don’t know why. Dinner was Thai, a spicy chicken dish and pad thai with shrimp. Not the best set up, and I knew I was going to pay for it.

Monday 4/10. Yup. I suck. 283.0, body fat 36.0%. Bleh. To top it off, I’m on the road all day. Gotta behave, gotta behave. No snacking, amazingly enough. Usual breakfast. Lunch was El Pollo Loco, BRC burrito and a couple pieces of chicken. No fries! Woot! It’s been a long time since I had a French fry. Dinner was a French bread pizza and something else that was a low fat frozen dinner. I’ve done better and worse. So it goes.

Tuesday 4/11. 282.8, body fat of 36.5%. So I drop 2/10 of a pound and pick up .5% body fat. I believe it’s called “margin of error”. Usual breakfast, with a croissant for meeting strength. Again, I suck. Oh well. Lunch in the office consisted of Healthy Choice chicken noodle soup and a Lean Pocket sandwich. Total lunch less than 500 cal. And the best part of the day, I made it to the gym!!!! Woot!!!! Not a stellar workout, but anything is better than nothing. Dinner was a couple of organic, vegetarian flautas that were really good. GF unfortunately had a bad day, and needed dessert. Conveniently, it was $1 scoop Tuesday at the local Baskin Robbins, so away we went. I had every intention of just having one scoop, but they brought my favorite flavor back…chocolate oreo crunch. 2 scoops later and I’m in a chocolate coma on the couch, watching DVR’d episodes of The Apprentice, and alternating between petting the dog and snoozing. Fairly long walk later, and I crash out.

Wednesday 4/12. D-day. Or rather B-day. Today I am 35. And the winning weigh-in: 282.0 lbs, and 36.4% body fat. I didn’t have time to do the other measurements, but not really going to the gym at all, I doubt there’s anything that would’ve changed significantly. Breakfast was normal, and I’m getting ready to head out on the road. Must behave. Must behave.

I really didn’t put too much thought, planning, or effort into this experiment, and my up and down results reflect that. As such, I’m going to keep going. I’ve got a poker tournament in Vegas that I’m playing in this summer (Vegas in summer, at least I’ll sweat off any weight I gain by drinking!), and I’ll see what I can do by then. I intend to go to the gym consistently, several days a week, and try to get back into some sort of rhythm. Wish me luck.

No comments: