Created by MyFitnessPal - Calorie Counter

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Update

4/22 - 283.0 lbs, 35.0% body fat. Actually went to the gym this morning. Pain is g00t! Lunch was bad. Azul La Jolla for their tapas buffet. All kinds of evil good stuff. Hummus and pesto dips, sushi rolls, portabello pannini sandwiches, several pasta salads, several leafy salads. Dinner wasn't too bad. A bridal shower for one of gf's coworkers. I actually napped in the Jeep while the festivities went on, and then I was summoned. The party was going to last longer, and I needed to use the restroom. One thing led to another, and I'm winning a bottle of wine in a sexual charades game! w00t! Munchies included 7 layer dip (not mine, btw), chicken enchiladas, and a variety of finger foods. Beer was also consumed. After that party (which we left around 7), we went to a house-warming party for a teacher that gf teaches with. Sangria, stuffed mushrooms, six different kinds of cheeses, crackers, etc., etc.

4/23 - 283.0 lbs, 35.7% body fat. No real damage. Sweet. Long walk with doggie, but no gym. Brunch was splitting a garden sink omelete with hashbrowns and toast. Dinner was Olive Garden for a sampler appetizer, salad, and penne rustica (peppers and sausage).

4/24 - 283.0 lbs, 37.6% body fat. Interesting. On the road today, so breakfast is normal for weekday. Lunch was 2 El Pollo Loco BRC burritos early, with a Carls Jr. BBQ Chicken Sandwich later. Meh. Long doggie walk & vegetarian taquitos for dinner. Playing poker, so Jack Daniels came along.

4/25 - 283.1 lbs, 36.4% body fat. Gain .1 lb, but drop 1.2% body fat. I don't understand it either. Breakfast normal. Lunch was a Submarina turkey, beef, and ham sandwich. I know, not the best, but no mayo, etc etc. Dinner was bad. Chipotle, for a chicken burrito. These things are huge, almost as big as the Chicken Monster burrito from Freebird's World Burrito. Mmmmm. Freebirds. The Chicken Monster. Two tortillas, beans, rice, chicken, cheese, and the secret ingredient: bbq sauce! You can add a variety of other things to one (onions, cilantro, salsa, etc.), but the original and best is with just the bbq sauce. They have several locations scattered around Texas, but the original is the one that I went to, in Isla Vista just outside the campus of the University of California, Santa Barbara. Evil good stuff. Anyway, Chipotle burritos are very good, but I'm sure not good for me. The morning will tell...

Attentive readers of this here bloggy thing may have noticed a few new links added to the blogroll. It seems that several of us online poker players have a few pounds to drop. Big Slick Nuts is attempting to reclaim his moniker of Little Slick Nuts. Falstaff is looking to drop a few, well, more like 40 pounds (kinda like me), and also mentioned that Fat Dan wants to become Thin Dan. It looks like we're getting a contest together. Specifics still aren't set yet, but it looks like a bunch of poker bloggers will be gambooling on pounds lost instead of buy-ins lost. Details will be provided as they become available. Should be interesting.

2 comments:

iamhoff said...

Yeah, I wish it was THAT fun. It was amusing, tho.

AWE said...

I noticed that when I was on my diet hard an heavy salt was a big factor in making my fat percentage shoot up the next day. If you want to see something strange, drink a couple of glasses of red wine then check your fat percentage in about an hour, it will drop. I could only get it to work with wine and it didn't last long.

If you get dedicated do the Body for Life diet. I lost 14% body fat in 2 months but it is a pain in the ass to follow. In 3 months I dropped from 223lbs 25% body fat to 171lbs 9.7% body fat. I gave up and went back to beer after that, it missed me badly.