Created by MyFitnessPal - Calorie Counter

Monday, April 17, 2006

Update

The yo yo continues. Consistency at the gym was not achieved, and being the week of my birthday, extravagent meals and other naughty foods were being consumed with abandon.

4/13 - 283.6 lbs, 35.5% body fat
4/14 - 284.0 lbs, 35.4%
4/15 - 282.8 lbs, 35.0%. The day before consisted of especially long dog walks, which I assume helped. Other than that, I've got no idea why the weight was down on the morning of 4/15. We went out for steak and drinks to The Palm restaurant. One of the best ribeye steaks I've had in a long time. In poker it's called Variance.
4/16 - 284.0 lbs, 36.3%. Again, not sure why. Ran errands all day. Dinner was fairly light, so I've got no idea. Meh. We'll see what next week holds.

3 comments:

River Driver said...

Does your scale show your "h2o" level (percentage of hydration)? Often the the amount of water you've consumed can account for both the weight changes and the fat percentage (the water contained in your muscles conducts the electrical charge differently than the fat does)--your weight can be up but your fat percentage down. Of course, you usually weigh yourself in the morning, so you are probably a bit dehydrated in the mornings. We weigh ourselves at night so the hydration is probably truer, but we also have to deal with food weight since we've eaten all day long. I don't know when the best time is to weigh yourself.

iamhoff said...

I didn't get the hydration model. I didn't feel as though I needed to spend the extra $30. Mine is the model right below yours, and I weigh myself in the morning specifically to avoid the "food I've eaten during the day" issues. It used to be even better when I ran in the morning...being able to set an even lower start. We determined that I cannot go running in the morning without the dog. I went to Sunrise Easter services and was out the door by 5:30. Ginger normally wouldn't cause a fuss until 7:30 or so, but Jodi said she was banging on the door and whining right after I left. Jodi wound up getting up and walking her early, just to quiet her down. Oh well.

River Driver said...

Sorry Ginger fussed. Did you get the picture of Maer I sent to your cell phone? I took it in the car, just for the heck of it. Let me know if it came out OK.

It's interesting to weigh myself in the morning, then again before bed, just to see the variation. Usually about two pounds heavier at night. Only once have I ever been lighter at night.

How was Easter dinner? Hope it went well. We had a good visit at Mike and Ember's. Steve will come down this next weekend to go kayaking with us. We'll celebrate both birthdays while he's here.