Created by MyFitnessPal - Calorie Counter

Saturday, April 08, 2006

Meh

283.0. Yup. I celebrated last night and paid the price for it. But oh holy crap was it worth it. Dear and patient gf (aka Jodi - figure if I can name the dog, why not the gf?) took me out to dinner for my impending birthday last night. She normally doesn't like Italian food (she is Italian and grew up with Italian nearly every day, so she's kind of burnt out on it), so she relented and we went to Trattoria Acqua down on the cove in La Jolla. The calamari was some of the most tender I've ever come across. She had the lobster ravioli, one of their signature dishes, and it came in some sort of tomato basil cream sauce. Oof. Me, I threw caution to the wind and had their special of the day: Truffle, Portabello and Porcini Mushroom lasagna. Jebus what a meal. It was this silky smooth orgy of flavors. I only ate half of it (damn bread) but holy crap was it good. They topped it off with a complimentary flourless chocolate cake. And IGH fatter. At least Ginger took me on a long this morning. We'll see what the day holds.

No comments: