Created by MyFitnessPal - Calorie Counter

Friday, April 28, 2006

Really quick...

You may have noticed, that I rearranged the furniture here. The obvious reason is the way cool tracker that BSN found. The black text didn't work with the dark background on the old template, so here we are. The deeper reason, which I have come to realize as the month of April draws to a close, is: I. Am. Lame.

I don't have my weight measurements for the past several days with me (they're at home, on the desk, waiting to be blog-i-fied), but since I started this thing late in March, I've GAINED 2 pounds!!! WTF?!? I must make myself more motivated, if not for my health and not for all the bloggers I expect to meet in Vegas in July at the World Poker Bloggers Tour, then for the money!! As I noted previously, several other poker bloggers are setting up a weight loss contest. $25 entry fee, highest percentage of weight lost wins. Money goes for a pizza party, probably without the pizza. Either way, I'll take all the motivation I can get.

So watch this site. Formats will change, sections will be added, virgins will be sacrificed (hey, I'm serious about this). Hold on tightly (heh), because it's gonna be an interesting ride.

2 comments:

River Driver said...

I hate to say it, but you actually have to change something (eating habits, work out routine, or both) in order to lose weight. I've read your posts about the things that you eat and your doggie walks, but those are things you were doing before you started this little experiment. I haven't noticed that you've made a really big change in your habits, so you haven't seen a change in your weight. I swam several miles a day last summer, but it wasn't until I changed my eating habits entirely (from big meals to small snacks) and adjusted my work outs (added cardio and weights) that the weight started to come off. Go big to get small! Just an observation; don't yell at me.

iamhoff said...

I'm not going to yell at you for being right, I'm going to yell at you for being my sister ;-p

Seriously, you are correct. As much as I've wanted to do things differently, I just haven't mustered up the willpower. Fresh start May 1. I'll have a chance over the weekend to go to the store and stock up on appropriate foods, and I'm going to work harder at getting to the gym consistently. I may have to cut into the poker time, but I want to take this seriously. Wish me luck. I'm gonna need it.