Created by MyFitnessPal - Calorie Counter

Friday, April 07, 2006

Yo yo yo yo

And the story of my life, up and down and up and down. After what seemed to be a good day yesterday, I weighed in at 282.0 this morning, up a pound. Due to the chill in the air, doggie didn't want to take long walks, so maybe that was it. Both last night and this morning, out and back in less than 5 minutes. Oh well. Breakfast - usual. Lunch - not so usual. Out of soup, so I had a couple of hotdogs. Evil, I know, but hopefully they won't do too much damage. Dinner is not going to be pretty. Dear and patient gf is taking me out for Italian, to celebrate my impending 35th b-day on Wednesday. I already avoid anything with the word "alfredo" in the title, so maybe it won't be too bad. We'll see. Hell, maybe I'll get to the gym on Saturday!

On a related topic, my original thought behind this here inter-webby bloggie thing was to track my (hopeful) weight loss from back in March thru my 35th b-day. I had hopes of actually hitting the gym, even occasionally, during this period. One thing has led to another, tho, and that hasn't worked out. So I'm going to keep this going. I do have my goal weight of 240 to make, although I must confess that this particular target seemed so much more attainable when my (old) scale was telling me that I weighed 263, not 283 like the new accurate scale tells me. Oh well. I'm gonna try, dammit. I don't like that a lot of my clothes are tight or don't fit. Cue Rocky music. Here I go again (or was that Whitesnake). Think thin.

3 comments:

River Driver said...

With your lack of free time at daylight hours when working out at the gym seems easier (I didn't say easy, I said easier), I recommend getting some kind of gym equipment for home. I know free space in the condo is at a premium, but maybe a rack of dumbell weights (I know someone who got a rack that fits under a side table and they just cover the side table with a table skirt). Cardio is the biggest thing you need right now, since Ginger is not assisting (weird to have a dog that doesn't want to walk--Maer hates coming back inside unless it is super hot outside). Maybe one of those little treadmills or elliptical-type things that folds and fits under your bed when not in use. Even just making sure you do 100 sit-ups or crunches and 100 push-ups before work or when you get home might help. Cutting the calories will only go so far when your metabolism is low, which sadly it probably is at this point in your life. My metabolism went on vacation when I hit 25 and never came back.

iamhoff said...

Space is definitely at a premium...I don't even have room under the bed.

I know cardio is key, and Ginger usually tries to go on long walks. Sometimes she just wants to come back in where her toys, snacks, and bed are.

I am going to start the situp thing. As much as I'd like to in the morning, with the dog it's hard to fit the time in. I find myself sleeping through the alarm sometimes, and that ain't good. Oh well. I'll keep grinding. I think my metabolism hung around to almost 30, but I haven't even gotten a postcard from it lately. Sounds like it's off with Joe Bender Kayak or something!

River Driver said...

Sit-ups, push-ups, and stretching at home are always a good idea. Do you have even just a couple of hand-held weights? You can use those to help you stretch, and work on your lower back and sides by holding them either down in front of you and bending straight over as far as you can and coming back up and then holding them down at your side and bending as far to your side as you can and coming back up. Strengthening your core is a good thing--it makes all the other types of exercise better. We try to do a lot of back and side exercises (and abs) because it helps with the kayaking.