Created by MyFitnessPal - Calorie Counter

Monday, July 30, 2007

Quite The Weekend!!

It was a pretty good weekend.  Saw the Lindsay Lohan movie, "I Know Who Killed Me" on Friday.   I'll give her this, she did a solid job of acting.  It's just that the movie was lame.  Especially given her recent meltdowns, the only way I can see this as being remotely beneficial to her career is that you get to see lots of her half-naked and either having raucous sex with some guy or grinding off of a stripper pole.   Beyond that…not so much.  On the other hand, I also saw Live Free or Die Hard (thank you DAPGF for caving in, and I told you it would be good!).   It absolutely freaking rocked!  As much as I loved the original (and I still do), I think I have to rank this one higher.   It was insanely good.  Was it a violent buddy action flick?  Yup.  Did it kick ass all over the place?   Hell yeah it did!  Probably my favorite movie of this year, and I see almost 2 movies per week, so that should say something.

 

Managed to get lots of exercise over the weekend, including time at the driving range and a dawn patrol session at the beach.   Combine that with the fact that DAPGF now thinks that walking after our meals is a good thing, plus some honeydew stuff around the house and I was working it hard.  Which worked out to be a good thing, and a perfect complement to my food intake.   Normally the weekends are dangerous, particularly Sundays.  I'm not eating my Lean Cuisine meals, but instead going to restaurants for notoriously large potions of food.   This weekend, though, I just managed to do a great job of controlling what I ate.  Shrimp fajitas where I avoided most of the beans and rice.   A chicken quesadilla with almost no sides.  Chicken and Shrimp veggie Thai stir fry.  And then the evil day, Sunday.   It started with a pretty gnarly omelet and hashbrowns, but we followed that up with an hour-long walk by the beach.  But here's what saved me.   DAPGF was having dinner with some friends, so I got to stay home and stay in control of what I ate.  A frozen pizza and one of those micro-servings of Ben and Jerry's Fudge Brownie ice cream.

 

All of which leads to this.  Last Monday's weigh-in was 284.4 lbs.  I'd been aiming for 283.0 but faltered a bit, so the goal for this morning's weigh-in was 282.4 lbs, instead of the 281.0 that I should've been shooting for.  So I get out of the shower, towel off and step on the scale.   280.6 lbs.!!!!!  Holy crap!!  Not only did I better my specific goal, but I even bettered my original goal!   Yay me!!!  When I started this latest round of effort back on July 2, my goal was to lose 2 lbs per week.  With this morning's weigh-in, I'm running ahead of that!  DAPGF deserves recognition for the after-meal walks.  I'm so glad she has gotten into this, because it really helps undo any damage done by eating.   I deserve a bunch of credit for my incredible exercise efforts and my ever-growing will-power and self-control.  And again, MyFitnessPal.com has proven time and time again to be an excellent tracking and motivation tool.  My new goal for next Monday will now be 278.6 lbs.  I think it's been nearly a year since I've been this low, but with the progress I've been having I am hyper-motivated!   Wish me luck and all of you keep up your efforts.  I am proof that the average schmuck who loves to eat can actually lose weight.

1 comment:

River Driver said...

Good job! Keep it up! I only have a few weeks until school gets started, and then hopefully I can get on my schedule and get to losing some more weight. Crossing fingers...NOW!

Oh, and Betsy just said to say hi.