Created by MyFitnessPal - Calorie Counter

Thursday, July 05, 2007

Progress!

As I said, I think it's going to be a good week.  I started off on the Monday weigh-in at 289.0.   Tuesday I spiked up to 290.4.  Monday's dinner was just wrong on so many levels, and it just illustrates how weak I can be at times.  After fighting pretty hard to limit what I ate, I went to dinner with DAPGF at this local curry place.  We go here fairly often, because the quality is good and the prices are very reasonable.   That being said, our "frequent diner" card has the requisite number of punches in it to qualify for a free entrée.  Woo hoo!   So instead of ordering the regular size, I ordered the large portion of their Teriyaki Chicken.  And I ate the whole bloody thing, including using my jasmine rice to soak up the rest of the (admittedly yummy) teriyaki sauce.   End result, despite an hour at the driving range in temps approaching 90 degrees, a half hour walk with DAPGF, and a 45 minute dog walk that evening, I gained almost a pound and a half for the Tuesday morning weigh-in.   But instead of getting down on myself, I resolved that I would be better on Tuesday.  I worked diligently to control my intake (using my new favorite tool, MyFitnessPal.com) and track my physical activities.  So on the 4th, I woke up, walked the dog, and instead of hitting the gym I went to the beach (I <3 San Diego!) and got about an hour's worth of bodysurfing in.  Weigh-in when I got home, 286.0!!!  Cha-ching!!  Food and adult beverages are part of every 4th of July celebration, and mine was no exception.   Weigh-in on Thursday morning, 286.4 lbs.  Considering the beer and pizza, I'm pretty satisfied with only gaining .4 lbs.  That gives me hope that my recent switch in the breakfast department, combined with a renewed effort at physical activity (more walking, more golf) will really get me on the downward trend.   I've actually met (and exceeded) my goal for this week…I just need to make sure I don't backslide.  Good luck with everything you're doing out there.

No comments: