Created by MyFitnessPal - Calorie Counter

Thursday, July 26, 2007

Hey! Progress!

So Monday's weigh-in was 284.2 lbs.  Dinner wasn't too bad.  Chinese food and frozen yogurt.   Combined with the golfing at lunch, I only gained .2 lbs for the Tuesday weigh-in.  On a side note, my dog is kind of acting like a whack-job.   Or at least a dog with ADDD (Attention Deficit Doggie Disorder).  In the past, our walks have been "destination" walks, where we leave our little condo complex and go walk thru the neighborhood, up through a park and so on, taking a roughly 45 minute to an hour journey spread out over 3-4 miles.   Lately she's been obsessed with kitties that she's seen on some of the walks, and is constantly going back to those particular condos and just pacing back and forth, or around the building.   2 things wrong with that.  First of all, it isn't consistent walking.  She'll stop and spend a couple of minutes sniffing, and then she'll go to one side of the stairs and then back to the other.   5 minutes of that and I've taken maybe 20 steps.  The other thing is I'm just waiting for somebody to call the cops on me because I'm loitering or casing the place.   I mean, I'm outside of these people's houses at 6:30 a.m. and 11:30 p.m.  What would you think?  So lately it's been after 20 minutes of this I just drag the dog away and we go home.   I've tried dragging her away with the intention of going on a destination walk, but she knows exactly how to walk anywhere in the complex and still find her way back to Kittie-Land (yes, DAPGF and I have named the place, for the two kitties who live on one side of the sidewalk (Kittie-Fabulous and Kittie-Wonderful – don't know the real names), and Burrito who lives on the other side of the sidewalk).   Crazy.

 

Anyway, I was bound and determined to make up for the Chinese food on Tuesday.  I didn't go to the range at lunch, but went to the gym after work and then went and shot 9 holes at this little executive course near Casa de Hoff.   I got home late enough that I only had time to eat a single, 250 calorie Lean Cuisine and some Wheat Thins.  End result, Wednesday's weigh-in was down to 283.6 lbs.  I lathered, rinsed, and repeated the process for Wednesday.  Gym and then 9 holes of flog, and then a small dinner.   Thursday's weigh-in, 282.6 lbs.!!  w0000t!!

 

Again, I'm not perfect (far from it), but I am continuing to prove (mainly to myself) that I actually can control what I consume and make efforts at losing weight.   Wish me continued luck, and may you all find continued success in your efforts to do whatever it is that you all are attempting to do (unless it's make me fatter!).

No comments: