Created by MyFitnessPal - Calorie Counter

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

I think I'm liking this...

So at my last post, I was expressing amazement that I'd dropped all the way down to 283.6 lbs, and was hoping that I wouldn't implode over the weekend.   And the weekend was a little of both.

 

Friday dinner was kind of doomed for us.  We got a late start, and wound up at a very good sushi place in La Jolla village.  They actually had an all you can eat special for $25 per person.  Danger!  Danger!   What made it worse was that, unlike some of the mega buffets like Onami or Todai, you actually submitted your order form to the sushi chef and he made your order fresh.  Jeezus did we eat a bunch, but damn was it good.   DAPGF and I did go for a short walk after dinner, and I did walk the dog later, but I knew I'd been a baaaaad Hoff.  To top it off, I wasn't able to hit the gym Saturday morning.  

 

Saturday's weigh-in: 285.6 lbs.  Yep, gained 2 pounds.  But once again, I knew that this was a temporary setback, and that I did have the ability to lose the weight again.   So lunch was actually pretty light…a lean, bbq pulled pork sandwich (no breakfast) and then a "smaller" amount of Mexican for dinner.  All told, I only took in 1500 calories or so, which is about the smallest amount I've ever consumed over one 24 hour period (without the assistance of Montezuma's Revenge).   DAPGF and I took a walk and then I had a pretty long dog walk.  I was hoping that I'd been good enough to maybe get below 285.0, which was my goal for the week.

 

And Sunday's weigh-in: 283.2 lbs!!!  w00000t!!  How about that!   My only fear was that I'd gone to the gym and then weighed myself fairly late in the morning, so I knew the much earlier Monday morning weigh-in would probably be higher if only because of that.   Anyway, no breakfast but lunch consisted of some calamari, some veggie spring rolls, and a shrimp cobb salad at a restaurant with one of the finest views in Del Mar.  That all seemed to work out relatively healthily.  Dinner consisted of some tasty evil Thai food and frozen yogurt for dessert.  We actually have a "boutique" yogurt place here (it's just how we roll in San Diego), and I couldn't resist a layer of cookie dough, followed by cookies and cream yogurt (it really tastes like a freaking oreo cookie, not just vanilla with oreo bits), followed by chocolate custard yogurt topped with actual crushed oreo.   Mmmm.  Sweet fattening goodness.  I took the dog out for her walk and prepared to face the Monday morning music.

 

Monday's weigh in: 285.4 lbs.  Yep.  I knew that Sunday torpedoed my progress.   My goal from the previous week had been 287.0, and I hit 287.4.  Since I was so close, I made my 2 pound goal for this week 285.0, instead of 285.4.  I didn't hit the actual target weight, but I did hit the 2 pound loss goal.  So again, because I got so close, this week's goal will be a weigh-in on Monday 7/23 of 283.0 or lower.  So I set out to work hard on that goal.  I was careful in my eating.  I did my bagel/cream cheese for breakfast.   Snacks consisted of wheat thins and string cheese, and I did go to the store at lunch and got some beef jerky.  All that protein, low in calories, and very low in fat.   Great nibble food to have around.  I did munch a bit more than I intended, and there was one other bad thing I did.   Sunday night, DAPGF and I were watching something on Discovery or Food TV or one of those channels, and they did a teaser on Twinkies.  GF asked when the last time I had a twinkie was.   Honestly it's been over 10 years, but it got me kinda jonesing.  When I was at the store, I looked at a box of twinkes.   Back in the day, Ho Hos were my guilty pleasure, but there's nothing wrong with twinkies.  So I look at a $3.99 box of twinkies, and right next to it I see a box of the Little Debbies Ho Hos knock-off's for only $1.29.   Well how can I pass up that bargoon?  So I had a few snack cakes on Monday afternoon.  Meh.   Dinner was Red Robin for the righteous BBQ Chicken Wrap.  It did come with "never-ending" fries, but I tried not go gorge myself on them.  I had a nice long walk that evening with the dog, and then another good one this morning, hoping that I'd not gained anything more than I already was.

 

Tuesday's weigh-in: 284.2 lbs.  Down 1.2 lbs!!  I think I may be getting a handle on this.   I know that I've got a loooong way to go to get below 240 lbs, but I'm starting to feel as though I'm understanding how to actually eat in a way that will help me lose weight.   And again, I must give props to My Fitness Pal.  Whether it's legitimate or I'm just psyching myself into increasing my metabolism, being able to track my caloric intake directly against what I burn, and more importantly being able to track all activities that burn calories, is really helping me see what I'm doing right, what I'm doing wrong, how to correct that, and what progress I'm actually making.   If you haven't tried it, check it out.  I think you'll be pleased.

 

 

No comments: