Created by MyFitnessPal - Calorie Counter

Friday, July 06, 2007

Are the numbers really going down?

So yesterday's weigh-in was 286.8 lbs, and I was generally pleased that I'd only gained .4 lbs.  Yesterday was not a good food day.   DAPGF and I were house sitting over the 4th, which necessitated my driving past (meaning thru) the drive thru on my way to work, and succumbing to the egg-y, cheesy goodness that is fast food breakfast sandwiches.   But dammit, I'm bound and determined to make up for it.  I walk the stairs all day.  I go to the driving range.   I know that DAPGF and I are going walking after dinner, and I know that I'm walking the dog later in the evening, but I'm pretty sure that it's not going to work.   When lo and behold, the email of emails comes down.  Our corporate office in Sacramento, where all of our network servers, internet servers, and email servers are located, is relocating and all of the servers were going to be shut down at 3 pm!   Well, hell!  If I can't even get on the internet, what's the point in staying.  So I left early and hit the gym on the way home!   Dinner consisted of mainly sushi, and the aforementioned walks. 

 

And the Friday weigh-in?  286.2 lbs!  Dropped .6 lbs!   As long as I don't completely fall apart over the weekend (and I'm golfing on Saturday which will definitely help the exercise side of things), I'll be ahead of my goal for the week.  

 

I have to say, My Fitness Pal is my new favorite thing.  I've kept the food diaries before, and I've tried to track my exercise, but this just works better.  First of all, it has a database of both food and exercise entries, and they run the spectrum.   Canoeing.  Golfing.  Playing a musical instrument.  Mowing the lawn (push or riding).   Walking the dog.  Walking up stairs.  I think this is it's greatest feature.   Not only can you track the obvious (20 minutes on the elliptical trainer burns 400 calories), but all of these things you wouldn't necessarily think twice about are listed.  It makes it much easier to see just how physically active you are, and it takes the calories burned and applies it to the calories consumed to give you your net figure.  It makes it so easy to see where you're doing things right, where you're doing things wrong, and what you need to do to make up for a poor decision (like going out to lunch with coworkers and having all fried appetizers and several beers, not that I would ever do anything like that!).   If you haven't gone over there to check it out, I highly recommend it.

 

Wherever you are, I hope you had a great 4th of July, and enjoy the rest of the weekend.

No comments: