Created by MyFitnessPal - Calorie Counter

Monday, July 23, 2007

Yeah, I saw this coming...

I was a naughty boy.  So when we last discussed my corpulence, I was making some progress.   But, dear readers, if you recall I purchased a box of Little Debbie Snack Cakes.  I mauled those on Tuesday and Wednesday, and failed to make it to the gym on both evenings.   Then came Thursday.  I had to be on the road very early, so I could be about 150 miles away by 8 a.m.  So no time for a proper breakfast, so we hit the Mickey Dees drive-thru for some McMuffin-y goodness.  Besides that, I haven't been thru the drive-thru for a meal in some time, so I was tempted at all turns.   I finally caved in and made my lunch a mix of Arbys and Wienerschnitzel (mmm, chili cheese dogs).  And to top it off, when I got back to the office that afternoon, we had people in from our corporate office.   And of course we like to show our visitors a good time, so someone had gone over to the nearby Karl Strauss brewery and procured a jug of their finest Amber Lager (one of my Top 5 desert island beers) which we proceeded to drain.   Not exactly a light beer.  So Friday's weigh-in actually hit 286.4 lbs, more than 2 pounds higher than the last good weigh-in on Tuesday.

 

With my goal of 283 for the Monday weigh-in fading quickly, I stepped it up.  I took some extra time at the driving range on Friday (comp time from getting going so early on Thursday), and I made it to the gym on both Saturday and Sunday.   End result, this morning's weigh-in was 284.4 lbs.  1.4 lbs shy of my goal, but given my meltdown I'll accept it.  

 

I'd love to continue the pattern I'd been on, which would've made this week's goal to get down to 281 lbs.  I'm not sure how realistic that is, so I'm making my 2 pound loss goal 282.4, which is 2 pounds from today.  If I can do better, then Yay Me!!!  If I make my goal, then good on me again.  If I don't, well, I'll keep trying.  I'm off to a good start today.  Just my bagel and some string cheese and several glasses of water.  The driving range will be visited (as it usually is on Mondays) which will help matters, and hopefully the doggie will want long walks.   As long as DAPGF doesn't torpedo me with dinner tonight, I should be in pretty good shape to get thru the week.  Wish me luck, and as always, shouts to MyFitnessPal.com for having such a great tool for a great (big) tool.

1 comment:

River Driver said...

Don't let ANYBODY torpedo you, not yourself, not DAPGF, not doggie, not nobody! If you go out to dinner somewhere naughty, you've just gotta exercise restraint. Yes, I know, pot calling kettle black and all that crap, since that's what I am worst at. I would think one of us must have inherited some self-control.

On the good side, I've been sub 180 for several days now. Must...hang...on...