Created by MyFitnessPal - Calorie Counter

Monday, August 06, 2007

Still going...

So this week really got off on a bad start.  Monday morning, after a stellar weekend of avoiding pitfalls all over the place, I had a weigh-in of 280.6 lbs.  That not only beat my stated goal of 282.4, but also beat what had been my original goal of 281.0 lbs.  And then I got to work.   The day started off benignly enough, with my usual bagel and a couple glasses of water.  Then two of my coworkers grabbed me for a marketing meeting with a firm we're looking to collaborate with on a couple of projects.   So you've got 3 guys all in their mid 30s, with no authority figures around anywhere (aren't WE supposed to be the authority figures?), so do we go somewhere healthy to eat?   NO!!!  We go to the Pizza Port Brewpub for some doughy, cheesy, beer-y goodness.   One big cheesy chicken and artichoke heart pizza and 2 pitchers of beer down there.  And now hopefully we can go back to the office and get to work.   Nope.  One of the guys gets an email on his Treo stating that we just won a contract to prepare an Environmental Impact Report somewhere, and that is a six figure contract so it was time to celebrate.   Margaritas!  When all was said and done, Tuesday's weigh-in was almost 3 lbs higher.  Noooooo!  

 

But lately I've been feeling pretty good about this weight-loss thing.  I've actually lost 10 pounds over the last month, and I'm feeling good about my ability to keep losing.   So I buckled down and really worked.  I had a bonus gym night and took advantage of it.  I hit the driving range several times.   I was hyper diligent about what I ate.  By Sunday's weigh-in I'd gotten to within a half pound of my goal of 278.6.   And with DAPGF going out with some friends in town from NorCal, I'm thinking I can actually pull it off.  But I shot myself in the foot.  Dad is heading out on a vacation, his first real trip since my Mother passed away, and I figured I'd go spend some time with him before he took off.  Some snacking and such later, and I'm back home.   Monday's weigh-in, 280.6 lbs.  Exactly what it was last Monday.  On one hand I should be disappointed that I didn't lose anything.   But, I'm actually pleased that I managed to lose the 3 pounds I gained at the beginning of the week, and I'm liking my chances at continued weight-loss this week.   Tonight DAPGF is out for drinks again with her friend, so I get a bonus night at the gym.  And there shouldn't be anything at work that could cause a meltdown like last week, so I should be pretty safe there.   Finally, I've managed to get up a little earlier the past several mornings, which allows me to get my ExerciseTV mini workouts in the morning.  My goal for this week should've been 276.6 lbs, but the actual 2 pound loss would put me at 278.6 lbs.  So 278.6 is the goal.  If I can do better, and I think I can, then yay me!

No comments: