Created by MyFitnessPal - Calorie Counter

Tuesday, August 21, 2007

The one in which we admit some shortcomings, and still see progress

Whassup party people?  Sorry for the delay in posting, but there's two reasons.  First, I've been hella busy at work for the past two weeks.  Second, I haven't had much to report.

 

My last post was on August 6, and at that point I was at 280.6 lbs, precisely where I'd been the week before.  As I said, I've been quite busy at work.  I did make it to the gym a bit during the week, but I didn't get any of my midday exercise in.  End result, Monday 8/13 my weigh-in was again 280.6 lbs.

 

I actually started to make some progress this past week.  I made it to the gym several times during the week, including Saturday and Sunday mornings, I hit the driving range once, and I got a bodysurfing session in on Sunday morning.  Water temps were in the low 70s and it was fan-dam-tastic.  My weight had been trending down, and as of Sunday's weigh-in (8/19) I'd beaten my goal of 278.6 by .4 lbs.  And then the wheels fell off.  If you either know me, or you've been reading What Happened for any length of time then you know I'm a sucker for Chinese food.  I.  Freaking.  Love.  It.  Sunday, after the gym, the beach, and the bitchin' weigh-in, I took my car to be detailed.  DAPGF was going shopping with a friend, so I was on my own for a rare Sunday.  There happens to be a Chinese buffet in the same shopping center as the car wash.  I haven't been to a Chinese buffet in close to a year, and I was jonesing.  So I went.  I really tried hard to not gorge myself like I've done in the past, and I think I succeeded.  That being said, I knew it wasn't a good thing.  And to top it off, DAPGF and I had to run errands after dinner, so no après-eating walk.  Monday's weigh-in, 281.4 lbs.

 

Yes, I know I torpedoed my progress and I've got nobody to blame but myself.  That being said, I'm not worried.  I know I'm not backsliding or anything, and I know that this mini plateau I've hit is only temporary, aided somewhat my conditions at work (which aren't bad, just busy).  So I'm ok with myself, because I've proven that it isn't that difficult to lose the weight.  I lost the first 10 pounds pretty easily, and, I know the first pounds are the easiest, but I'm so much heavier than I was 3 years ago that I know this is all excess weight that should come off fairly easily.  Besides, the odd Chinese buffet notwithstanding, I'm consistently eating much healthier than I have in years, and I'm exercising much more consistently as well.  As an example, Monday I started off on the road to go to a meeting with staff from the City of San Diego and one of our smaller airports (my company is looking at doing some work at the airport).  I ate my bagel on the road for breakfast, had just one quesadilla from Taco Bell for lunch, and a Lean Cuisine Bistro Brick Oven Pizza (they're surprisingly good, roughly 350 calories and 3 and a half minutes in the microwave) for dinner.  End result: Tuesday morning's weigh-in was down to 280.2 lbs.  See?  I can do it!  Now back to losing weight.  Gym tonight!

No comments: