Created by MyFitnessPal - Calorie Counter

Monday, August 27, 2007

After a small (unintentional) break, back to business

Hello blog world!  I must say that after a smashing success of losing 10 pounds during the month of July, August has been decidedly meh.  I've been doing some hovering in the 278 to 281-ish range the entire month.  I fully am to blame.  Mainly I've been snacking more at the office than I should.  Not a lot, but just enough to erase any progress made by exercising and eating decent meals.  At the tail end of July (Monday 7/30), my weight was sitting at 280.6 lbs.  The following Monday, 280.6 lbs.  The Monday after that, 280.6 lbs. 

Monday 8/20 was another story.  I had a slight Chinese buffet meltdown, and the weigh-in was 281.4 lbs.  So that put the week's 2 pound goal at 279.4 lbs.  The original goal of 278.6 would be the "X-Ring" bonus weight.  Monday and Tuesday brought large drops to 280.2 and 278.8 respectively.  Wednesday saw a rise to 279.2, Thursday to 279.6, and Friday to 280.8.  I made it to the gym on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, so I'm not exactly sure why those days had increases.  Thursday I had lunch with some co-workers at a local brewpub.  I had a relatively healthy chicken sandwich, but caved in and had fries with it.  Meh.  Saturday, despite not getting to the gym I managed to drop back down to 280.0.  Sunday I didn't make the gym again, but still had an additional drop to 279.0.  Both days I didn't starve myself, but I ate relatively healthy.  Saturday was sushi for dinner and Sunday was mushroom ravioli, avoiding the alfredo sauce in favor of a much healthier tomato and veggie sauce.  End result, this morning's weigh-in, 279.2 lbs.  Yes I gained .2 lbs, but considering I didn't have much of a workout last night or this morning (both dogwalks were 15 minutes or less), I'll take it.  Besides, I beat my goal of 279.4, so good on me.  

The goal for 9/3 is 277.2 lbs.  Given that the 3rd is a holiday, I'll likely go to the gym that morning.  Hopefully that will allow me to get a good start to September and get back into the groove that I had going thru July.  Wish me luck, and good luck to all of you.

No comments: