Created by MyFitnessPal - Calorie Counter

Monday, June 05, 2006

I'm Still Here!

So. Combine the holiday weekend with some absolutely weird times at work, and you get no real time to post. I work in the real estate development industry in San Diego, and the market seems to be slowing down. As such, things are really sketchy at work. Not exactly like another blogger who actually had to delete his blog due to workplace politics, but sketchy and uncertain nonetheless. As things progress (or regress as the case may be) with work, I'll update things as appropriate. In the meanwhile, back to the fat!

During the period of darkness, I was not keeping a detailed food log. I had started to, but as things headed south following Memorial Day, that took a back seat. I did still weigh myself each morning, and I can post those results here. As a point of explanation about my body fat percentages: my scale measures bodyfat, but part of how it measures it depends on my hydration. Particularly, how moist (soft? supple?) my big feet are. I normally weigh in after I get out of the shower, so all is typically good. If I weigh in before I shower (work with me here), my feet, which are callused from wearing flip flops far more than I should, register as more solid to the scale which leads to an increased body fat measurement. During this period, which included barbecues over the holiday weekend, beer over said weekend as well, and a significantly increased amount of Jack Daniels during the week following Memorial Day, my weight stayed remarkably consistent. I didn't manage to lose anything, but I didn't really pack anything on either. Given the circumstances surrounding the past 10 days or so, I'll take it. Here's the numbers:

5/26 - 279.2 lbs and 35.2% BF
5/27 - 279.4 lbs and 36.5% BF
5/28 - 280.0 lbs and 35.5% BF
5/29 - 280.0 lbs and 35.6% BF
5/30 - 281.6 lbs and 34.6% BF
5/31 - 280.2 lbs and 37.1% BF
6/1 - 280.6 lbs and 36.2% BF
6/2 - 280.2 lbs and 38.6% BF
6/3 - 280.0 lbs and 34.5% BF
6/4 - 280.2 lbs and 34.7% BF

Hopefully I'll be able to get back on the losing track and be able to post more regularly. More so, I hope things settle down on the work front. Things are kinda fugly and uncertain, and I'm hoping that the stress doesn't cause me to seek out comfort food. Wish me luck.

4 comments:

AWE said...

Keep up the good fight and don't give in to the comfort foods.

StB said...

Just curious, how are you calculating body fat oon a daily basis?

iamhoff said...

I've got one of those uber-geigh digital scales (Health-o-Meter) that calculates it. Supposedly it sends some electro magnetic field up thru the footpads thru the body to calculate the non-lean mass in the body. That's why if my feet are dry, the callouses make it read higher. My sister has an even more uber-geigh scale that calculates body hydration percentage and a few other things as well...I just couldn't see spending a hundred bucks on a scale.

A BLOG NOT HERE said...

Hi IamHoff :)

You, my dear are one interesting weigher.

;)