Created by MyFitnessPal - Calorie Counter

Thursday, June 29, 2006

Update

I've been a slacker this week in keeping track of my grazing, I mean eating. This being home all day, job hunting on the web is most certainly not conducive to avoiding snacking, much less being enjoyable. I do have the weight stats, though, so here they are.

6/26 - 278.2 lbs and 35.6% body fat.

6/27 - 278.8 lbs and 36.3% body fat.

6/28 - 277.4 lbs and 36.6% body fat.

I'm not doing as well as I'd hoped, much less as well as the other bloggers in our little competition, but this is the lowest weigh-in that I've had without the assistance of food poisoning! Woo hoo! I did track my food intake today, so I can give you those details here.

Breakfast
Instant Breakfast - 220 cal

Snack
R/F Wheat Thins - 240 cal

Lunch
Lean Gourmet Lagsana - 320 cal
Campbells Select Chicken Noodle Soup - 180 cal
3 pcs ghiradelli 70% cocoa dark chocolate (holy crap is this stuff good) - 140 cal

Snack
R/F Wheat Thins - 240 cal

Dinner
Chipotle Chicken Burrito - 1047 cal

Total for the day - 2387 cal. I honestly had no idea the burritos were that evil. For the record, I checked on Calorie King to see what the chicken burrito salad option checks in at, because that's the way I try to order when we eat at Chipotle. Getting the chicken salad instead of the burrito saves more than 300 cal (704 vs 1047). The major culprit is the flour tortilla at 340 cal. Good to know.

One thing I've tried to do, both to try and control my eating/physical activity and to simply help my mental state while I job hunt is to put myself on a schedule. No more coming in from walking the dog and plopping down in front of the computer to surf job listings while playing poker, and deciding to shower at 2 in the afternoon. Frankly it will probably help my poker game, too. Set time for the dog walks, set time for the gym, set time for job hunt/web surfing, set time for poker, and with the weather as fan-dam-tastic as it's been here in San Diego, set time for the beach. Hope life is good wherever you are.

4 comments:

40 Something said...

Sometimes it helps to be challenged by a group, but ultimately success is not measured against a group but against oneself. You are moving the right direction and your a fitness winner, keep at it.

Fat Dan said...

Hoff - to figure out waht you can eat at Chipotle go here:
www.chipotlefan.com

Under the nutrition link is a calculator with all of the chipotle choices there. Just put in your order and get the calorie count.

ReallyTooBig said...

I work at home too - I graze all day (try to stop by 8pm), and I still have a 1000 calories or more deficiency on most days. It can be done. I would really take a minute to look at the "Feedback" section in the "Hacker's Diet" (in links on my blog) - it helped me a lot in the exact same situation you are describing. Anway, hang in there, losing weight is an evolution, not a straight line.

A BLOG NOT HERE said...

Hi Iamhoff :)

Discipline, discipline, discipline. Boy do I know how difficult THIS is!!!! For me, it's getting myself to exercise.

Honey, you have to keep on doing what you've been doing, which is to tell yourself that you won't keep doing what you've been doing. LOLOLOL ;)

Anyway, you're losing weight, so you're doing SOMETHING right - just keep journaling and counting and be patient with yourself. Patience! yeah - I know...easier said than done, isn't it? but we have to have it or we're sunk. Hmmm...now I've given myself an idea for my next blog post. Thanks, Hoff!

Hope you find a job real soon and you're lucky over there in San Diego - I'm here in the Valley where it is over 100 degrees! :( Thanks goodness for a/c and the pool!!!!!!!!