Created by MyFitnessPal - Calorie Counter

Monday, June 19, 2006

I'm lame. I know. Whatever.

So the past two weeks hadn't been going too badly, until this weekend. At one point I'd gotten down to 279.2 lbs, but as of this morning, I weighed in at 281.2 lbs. The weekend was not good, combining a beer laden (mmmm, beeeer) poker home game with an Italian food-fest for Father's Day. I wish it was that easy, to just point to that.

Unfortunately, this whole being laid off thing kind of has me drifting (and not in the fast and the furious way). I am rededicating myself to a bunch of things that have been falling by the wayside. First of all, I'm trying to put myself back on some sort of schedule. When you don't have to head out the door to go to work, it becomes far too easy to stop doing things that you should. I didn't make it to the gym this morning, but I took a nice long run/walk with the doggie. I just had my instant breakfast for breakfast, instead of grazing my way thru the kitchen. I'm sitting down to do my job search before I jump into a poker game (ok, hadn't planned on blogging yet, but some people actually seem to care what is up with me, so I feel justified). Basically, I'm trying to get my head screwed on straight and kick my ass into gear again, and I promise that this will include regular blogging (reading and posting). I invite you all along for the ride, and feel free to offer up your comments.

3 comments:

AWE said...

Make the gym your priority. I did that when I got laid off. I would get up early and go to the gym. There I would spend extra time working out, this will help use up extra time and keep you from eating. If you get this routine down when you go back to work it will bleed right in and become a part of your life. Try to do some yard work or something physical during the day instead of getting into the tv routine also.

'bout time you posted again.

I did bad this weekend by going to the ballgame. I drank to much and ate really bad food but as of this morning I weigh the same as last Monday.

40 Something said...

Sometimes your going to compromise on diet & other times exercise; but don't make to many compromises or you won't see any change. Good luck!

MusikMom said...

Oh yes, the laid-off thing. My friend from work and I have been using bleak times as an excuse to visit Cold Stone for afternoon breaks. (But at least we walk there, 2 block, and order the sans fat.) It was only this year that I realized that I eat when I'm at the computer. Maybe going back to teaching will help me drop a few, and not from the stress, lol.
My last day is tomorrow so I'm hoping that I too will use the time off as an opportunity to hit the gym and make some better choices. (It's hard not giving into the midday nap.)

Take care my brutha from anutha mutha,
Mon :-)

P.S. - It's not being laid off, it's a transitional vacation.