Created by MyFitnessPal - Calorie Counter

Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Who Knew

So yesterday was interesting.  As I mentioned, we were finishing up our office relocation, and not everything was completed (some things still aren't).   My normal meal "activities" at work include a packet of instant oatmeal for breakfast, a frozen Lean Cuisine-type meal at lunch, and a variety of snacks throughout the day to counteract any positive benefits from the oatmeal and lunches.   Unfortunately, we have no microwave so I was unable to heat water for the oatmeal or nuke my lunch.  Fortunately, our corporate overlords who were "helping" with the move were kind enough to supply us with healthy alternatives.   For breakfast I had two donuts, and for lunch I had three slices of pizza and some diet coke.  I managed to not snack all day, because we were busy enough that I didn't have enough time to reflect on whether I really needed to eat something.   As bad as those "meals" were, I thought that my moderation on quantity combined with my lack of snacking might actually work out for me weight-wise.  

 

And then there was dinner with DAPGF.  We actually went to a little Italian place in La Jolla, where we split a cobb salad and then split a plate of angel hair pasta with marinara sauce…nothing exciting but very good and probably not too damaging.   But wait!  There's more!  The Italian joint was unfortunately mere blocks away from Marble Slab ice cream…a less corporate and (at least to DAPGF) better tasting alternative to places like Cold Stone Creamery.   Ok.  Maybe I can get away with a single scoop and minimize the damage.  Nope.   DAPGF whips out this coupon for a buy one get one free 2 scoop waffle cone.  So I "suffer" through this horrible combination of Swiss Chocolate and Birthday Cake (yes it actually does taste like birthday cake) ice creams, mixed together with cookie dough.   The things I put up with.  So we head home to watch some tube and then I go walk the dog.  The dog actually wants a long walk, so I get just about an hour's worth of walking exercise in at the end of the evening.   The extra lightness of dinner combined with the long doggie walk must have done the trick. 

 

5/2 Weigh-in: 285.2 lbs, down .4 lbs from 5/1

 

After the donuts, pizza, and ice cream, there was no way I thought I'd actually drop a bit of weight this morning, so I am jazzed.   And things are off to a positive start today.  No microwave yet, so lunch will be a crap shoot.  But we did get our uber-bitchin' coffee maker set up.   I don't drink coffee, but it does have a direct hot water line so I was able to make my oatmeal this morning.  I did have a small snack in the middle of the morning, about a half an ounce of Lays Toasted Ranch Chips, which totals roughly 70 calories.   I'm not too worried about that.  Besides, I've been drinking water like it's going out of style to try and keep feeling filled up.   We shall see.  I am heading to the gym this afternoon, and if I can keep things under control at lunch and manage to avoid too much snacking in the afternoon, I should be in pretty good shape tomorrow morning.

No comments: