Created by MyFitnessPal - Calorie Counter

Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Who here likes to play with Yo Yos?

And I see we're back to where we were before…both figuratively and literally.  The figurative: I've been a compulsive yoyo-er regarding my weight.   I'll drop a few pounds only to gain them back within a few days.  I haven't figured out if it's because I lost the weight that I feel I can slack off, or if it just happens to be some weird life rhythm (I eat at restaurants with DAPGF for a day or two, I eat Lean Cuisine or Healthy Choice meals by myself for a few days, and then I'm back to eating with DAPGF), or if I'm just weird.   If you ask my sister, she'll probably tell you I'm weird.   The literal: on my last post 5 days ago, my weight was 285.4 lbs.  In the time from then to now, I gained one pound, dropped it followed by dropping 2 more pounds, and then gaining those two back and winding up where we are today:

 

5/8 – 285.4 lbs.

 

I can definitely say that the weight gain during this was a combo of DAPGF's and my fault.  I went out for lunch on 5/3 for some righteous Kung Pao Chicken, which naturally came with egg drop soup, an egg roll, a cream cheese wonton, and fried rice.   Not the healthiest combo.  And then that gets topped off with dinner at Souplantation!  Frankly I'm surprised that I only gained a pound off of all of that.   And the 2 pound loss registered on Sunday morning was a little optimistic.  Saturday DAPGF and I had a pretty light lunch at Pickup Stix (Chinese again…sensing a trend), and then I went and played in a poker tournament that afternoon.   I had several beers during the tournament, but most of them were of the "light" variety.  Dinner was both late and light, Rubios for some fish taco goodness in honor of Cinco de Mayo.  The optimistic part came with the fact that I did go to the gym, but more importantly I weighed myself roughly 3 hours later than I normally do.   That extra 3 hours with nothing but water really does make a difference.  I try to be consistent in the conditions of when I weigh myself…minimal clothing, no food intake, relatively early in the morning.   Sometimes when I go to the gym on the weekends, I get a later start which translates into a weigh-in time several hours past the usual.  Either way, the Monday weigh-in (which happened to be 285.4 lbs) was likely a more accurate measurement.  Bonus, I got my ExerciseTV workout in this morning after the dog walk.  And that was probably the deciding factor in helping me to keep from gaining anything over yesterday's weigh-in.   Maybe today I can get back on the downward trend.  Wish me luck.

1 comment:

ppjjmm said...

I have a dream! My dream is for at least one person from each country to visit my blog and hopefully post. It will be recorded with a neocounter. Do you want to be part of the this great achievement?