Created by MyFitnessPal - Calorie Counter

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

The One In Which We Find Ourselves In A Familiar Spot

I swear to God I didn't plan this, but I'm exactly back to where I was with the last post.  In several aspects, actually.   First, I'm still yo-yoing.  Back on 5/8, my weigh-in was 285.4 lbs.  Since then, my weight has done the following:

 

DAPGF and I went to Sizzler on 5/8 for their salad buffet (there's that word again) for dinner, and that was probably the major contributor to my gain.

5/9 – 287.0 lbs. 

 

I ate a reasonable lunch on 5/9 (Healthy Choice entrée and some soup), and despite working late and missing the gym (and subsequently getting my ass handed to me at the online poker tables), I didn't eat much for dinner.   Every little bit, I guess.

5/10 – 285.6 lbs. 

 

On 5/10 I had to run some errands for Mother's Day (getting things for DAPGF, who is my doggie co-parent (yes, we're lame…so what), and despite what our father has wished since our mother died, my sister and I decided that we wanted to celebrate Mother's Day in honor of our mother.   Mom's favorite candy, which she faithfully requested from each and every family member at Mother's Day and Christmas, is Almond Roca.  So I bought a package of it and mailed it off to my sister, figuring that she'd get the symbolism and that it would bring back good memories.   She, on the other hand, completely devastated me.  After the memorial service and before she left to return to the land of Deliverance, she took one of Mom's favorite T-shirts.   When she got home, she cut it up and made a pillow and sent it to me, so that I could have something of her to hold on to!  It was all I could do to not break down bawling in the Post Office.   Anyway, I needed some comfort food and went thru the McDonalds drive thru for some fries and a shake (bad, evil Hoff!).  DAPGF and I went to this rotisserie place for dinner that was reasonably healthy (although the 5 cheese gourmet mac and cheese was pure evil goodness…if Darth Vader had some of this handy, Luke Skywalker would've crossed over to the Dark Side in a heartbeat).

5/11 – 286.4 lbs.

 

On 5/11 I knew I had to work hard to redeem myself from Thursday.  I was very strict about my snacking (no vending machine) and my meals (Lean Cuisine, no drive thru).   Dinner was at Applebees (near a movie theatre – movie review coming shortly), and DAPGF and I split a salad and the coconut shrimp.  Not bad all things being equal.   And Saturday morning I managed to make it to the gym before weigh-in.

5/12 – 284.6 lbs.

 

Something I've discussed before is that on the weekends I do my weigh-in a few hours later than I do during the week.   As such, I think any weight loss may seem exaggerated, due to having a few hours of activity with no food intake prior to the weigh-in.  Anyway, 5/12 was shaping up to be a pretty good day.   Hit the gym, and DAPGF and I went to the Health and Beauty Expo at the San Diego Convention Center.  Walking around, all health supplements and health foods, should be great, right?   Well the walking around was fine, but sampling all of the health munchies and power bars that were available probably added several hundred calories to the mix.   Lunch was at our local ghetto vegetarian Mexi-joint, Pokez.  It was righteous as always, but I was baaaad.   I had a carne asada quesadilla (they're not just vegetarian), so not just a huge flour tortilla, not just a bunch of excellent carne asada, I had about 5 pounds of cheese in this beast!   But that wasn't as bad as dinner.  We went to one of my favorite places in San Diego, Rockin' Baja Lobster.  DAPGF had the most excellent shrimp fajitas, and I had the lobster lover's combo, which included lobster bisque, lobster enchiladas, and a lobster taco.   Mmmmmm, evil on a plate.  Which of course brought me to Sunday's weigh-in.

5/13 – 286.0 lbs.

 

Happy Mother's Day to all of you out there.  As I noted earlier, DAPGF is the mother of my 4 legged child.   As such, I took her to one of the many Mother's Day brunch buffets (there's that word again) here in San Diego.  A ton of food (omelet bar, pasta bar, ribs, sushi, taco bar, ice cream sundae bar, peel-n-eat shrimp, crab legs, and on and on) was waiting to be consumed.   So consume we did.  Eventually we finished, went home, and promptly passed out.  Now, I hadn't made it to the gym Sunday morning, because DAPGF and I washed the dog.   Granted, it was a workout unto its own, but seemingly not a substitute for the gym.  Anyway, after arising from our food comas, we went out to dinner (do we ever stop eating?!?).   Boston Market seemed to be acceptable, because the one thing that we didn't see at the buffet was a turkey carving station.  Prime rib and leg of lamb, but no turkey breast.   So a nice roasted turkey sandwich covers dinner, and home we go.  After a decently long dog walk, sleep.  Monday morning was a short walk, 15 minutes of Exercise TV, and a magical weigh-in of…

5/14 – 285.4 lbs.

 

Yep.  Right back where I was.  Who knows what tomorrow will bring…

1 comment:

River Driver said...

Didn't mean to devastate you, but everybody needs a Woobie of sorts. Thanks for the Almond Roca. It wouldn't have been Mother's Day without it. Hard enough to have Mother's Day without Mom.

I'm yo-yoing too. Well, not even yo-yoing, but a dreaded plateau. Stuck at about 177, not going anywhere. And I've been lacking motivation. I can't wait for school to get out!