Created by MyFitnessPal - Calorie Counter

Thursday, May 03, 2007

The one in which we almost dodge a bullet, or It's merely a flesh wound

Well I didn't hold up to lunch as well as I'd hoped.  I went to a freaking buffet!   A Pizza Hut buffet!  Fortunately the slices there tend to be small, so the damage was not as bad as it could've been.  Also because I'm a sucker for chocolate, I had several of those Lindt chocolate truffles for dessert.   Very good and very bad.  I had a very small snack (about 65 cal worth of baked chips) and went to the gym.  For dinner I was on my own, because DAPGF was teaching.  So naturally (because I'm stupid and like pizza), I had one of those Celeste frozen pizzas.  410 cal worth, and then some Budget Gourmet little snack things (kind of like mini egg rolls) and that was another 410 cal.  So to recap:

 

Breakfast:

Banana Bread Oatmeal – 150 cal

 

Snack:

½ oz baked chips – 65 cal

 

Lunch:

Pizza Hut Buffet – 1000 cal (est)

Truffles – 440 cal

 

Snack:

½ oz baked chips – 65 cal

More truffles – 440 cal

 

Dinner:

Celeste Pizza – 410 cal

Budget Gourmet Snacks – 410 cal

 

Total:  2840 est.

 

Now my snacking was amazingly under control, I drank a boatload of water, and I did my affirmations.  So I did several things right, but I was still expecting an ugly weigh-in today.   So I climb onto the scale and it reads:

 

285.4 lbs

 

From yesterday, I only gained .2 lbs.  Now I know that any upward movement isn't a good thing, but given how ugly things were, I'm beyond pleased that 2/10 of a pound is all I gained.   And I think this helps confirm that the snacking is really a strong contributor to my weight issues.  Something to think about.

No comments: