Created by MyFitnessPal - Calorie Counter

Monday, January 01, 2007

Happy New Year!

What's the number one resolution out there? Lose weight! Me too! Yes, I know I've been at this a while, and I really only have myself to blame. Still, the dark times that befell me at the end of May did nothing to help me along the road to thinness. So having finally started working again, I am rededicating myself to losing weight and getting in shape. To set the tone, we need a starting point. To get that, we need to see how 2006 came to a close.

12/29 - 280.8 lbs and 35.7% bf. Today was a baaaad day. Started off good, with oatmeal. Then little sister & bro in law were heading back to the Memphis area, so we had to get together for lunch. An evil BBQ cheeseburger and fries at Chilis resulted. Then work closed down early, allowing me and 2 coworkers to head for Karl Strauss' Oriental Beer Garden for several pints. Yummy. GF wanted ribs for dinner, so Tony Romas continued the orgy of bad foods. Weigh-in Saturday morning was not looking good.

12/30 - 281.8 lbs and 35.2% bf. Yup. Not good. Saturday was better. Bagel for breakfast and then several hours wandering around the San Diego Convention Center at the SD Auto Show! Uber-fun for a car junkie like me. Quote of the convention from GF: she slides into the drivers seat on a Porsche Cayenne SUV and simply says "Ohhh."
Apparently my next vehicle needs to be the Cayenne. Black looks pretty sweet, but I hate keeping black cars clean. Maybe a nice Titanium Gray with the ebony leather. As if I can actually afford one! Maybe in a few more years...

Anyway, had our ghetto Mexican food (ghetto vegetarian...who knew), and Thai for dinner. As I said, the day started off well, but quickly went downhill. The weigh-in would tell the tale.

12/31 - 281.0 lbs and 35.7% bf. Wonders never cease. I am sure that hitting the gym first thing in the morning made the difference. Yep, I did manage to make it to the gym on the last day of the year. Yay for me! Didn't have breakfast. Lunch consisted of a sushi buffet. Yummy, but I ate waaay too much. Rationalized by way of "January 1st I'm kicking things into gear...I can have a blow out on the last day of the year..." Dinner was a superb dry aged, bone-in USDA Prime New York Strip accompanied by the most phenomenal tableside Caesar Salad to ever be prepared. Wandered around San Diego's Gaslamp District for a while, checking out the bars and parties, and settled on dessert at Ghiradelli's. A wicked chocolate and toffee sundae. Pure evil goodness. Finished off with Dick Clark dropping his balls on Time Square, and welcomed in 2007. GF went to sleep and I fired up the poker machine. I had actually been doing pretty well in the final few weeks of 2006, but '07 started off not so great, with my busting out of two tournaments just short of the money. Oh well. Just like the stock market, there has to be some profit taking, and PokerStars took some of my profits. Meh.

1/1 - 282.0 lbs and 36.2% bf. As I said, I had a lovely blow out on New Year's Eve, and had one more pound to show for it. Meh. I did manage to hit the gym, so points for me! Interestingly enough, Homeland Security seems to have taken over 24 Hour Fitness in San Diego County. Instead of simply showing your membership card and photo ID, now you walk up a "railed-off" entry, leading up to a turnstile like what you find going into stadiums or a subway station. You punch in your PIN #, and once their computer system confirms that your PIN is valid, then you place your finger on a scanner so that it can scan your fingerprint! Crazy. Anyway...

Breakfast
Nothing

Lunch
Geez. The only places open today were the champagne brunch type places, and the budget didn't support that option. What do we finally find open? A Pizza Hut buffet! I tried to be good and have the salad first and 3 small pieces of pizza. Not feeling too optomistic.

Dinner
To continue the theme, Souplantation was one of the few places open that wasn't a dirt cheap Mexican place (there's a time for that type of food, and it's usually right after a session in the waves off of Del Mar or at 2:01 a.m. after the bars close. So. Buffet again. But hey! It can't be bad...it's salad!!! I'm quite sure that Tuesday's weigh-in will not be pretty. So it goes.

So Happy New Year to any of you who still stop by here. May you be strong enough to keep your resolutions and may those of you who are going thru the weight loss process find continued success. See ya out there!

2 comments:

MusikMom said...

Hi Hoff!
I was just checking up on everyone and their blogs. I went back to teaching and all is well with the world once again... I'm glad to see that you're still hanging in there. (What kind of work are you doing? Still RE?)

Take care and have a year full of love, peace, and happiness!

Mon :-)

P.S. - My B-day is on the 22nd and I look NOTHING like the Pirate Babe. Oh well... that's what dreams are for! :-P

iamhoff said...

Mon,

Great to hear from you. I tried to comment on your blog, but Blogger's word verification thing was all screwed up.

Glad to hear you're back to teaching...sometimes it's more about the happiness and job satisfaction than anything else. Here's hoping 2 double ought 7 is a great one for ya.