Created by MyFitnessPal - Calorie Counter

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Anything that makes it easier...

I must give full credit to my hottie neighbor. She's been trying to lose weight (not that she needs to in my eyes, but who am I to say), so we chat about what a pain in the ass it is, blah blah blah. She had cancelled her 24 Hour Fitness membership and had been using a personal trainer for a while, but she still wasn’t seeing the results she thought she wanted (again, hottie. What is it with hot women? They either totally know it and are mega-bitches, or they haven’t a clue and are totally miserable. I don’t get it.). One day I ran into her in the parking lot (figuratively, not literally) and we got to talking. I asked how her trainer was working out. She said that she wasn’t seeing him that often now, and I asked what she had been doing. And THIS is the cool thing. She mentioned that there’s an Exercise On Demand channel on our digital cable system (Time-Warner Cable San Diego), and she’s been doing a bunch of the workouts on that. They have everything from Yoga to Pilates to basic cardio to Step to Dance to body sculpting, to abs and so on. They also have specialized sports training, geared to specific sports. I tried a basic program yesterday, and it was a phenomenal 24 minute cardio/toning workout! What a great idea! No need to go to the gym after work, change clothes, wait in line for a variety of machines, change clothes again, and finally get home around 7 pm. After wasting 15 minutes just on changing in and out of workout attire. Or worse. Dragging my ass home after work, and not wanting to leave the house until I go to work the next morning. Last night I actually waited until I was done with a poker tournament, but they’ve got programs ranging from 10 minutes to one hour. I can actually click “sit out” on my poker tournament and do a 10 minute session, and go back to poker without losing a bunch of money on the blinds. And I can do that multiple times during the game, if I really want to and the action lets me. And, I can get a quick session in while the dog is eating breakfast and GF is still sleeping. I’m really excited about this! This might be the “killer-app” that I needed to really make some progress. Keep coming back and I’ll be posting my progress.

2 comments:

River Driver said...

Betsy does the exercise on demand channel too. She does some walking-aerobics thing. I don't think I can do it, though, because our floor is so weak and rattly I'd be afraid of either falling through or at least waking the hubby up. Guess it's still the gym for me.

iamhoff said...

Ground floor on a cement slab foundation, I gots no problems!