Created by MyFitnessPal - Calorie Counter

Wednesday, April 02, 2008

The one in which we continue to yo-yo

So. My last post on 3/19 saw a weigh-in of 284.4 lbs. Over the past two weeks, it was slightly up, then slightly down, until last weekend. Knowing that DAPGF and I were going to this fine establishment for the champagne brunch to celebrate her birthday, I worked extra hard to try and drop a few pounds...just to prepare. It doesn't matter how good the food is (and holy crap was it good!), buffet is still an evil word. Sunday morning, I was down to 281.2 lbs. But the 12:30 hour was fast approaching, and it was bringing crab claws. And omelettes. And prime rib. And seared ahi tuna. And 15 different types of cheeses. And 5 chili mole chicken breasts. And several different types of caviar. And smoked salmon. And porcini mushroom tortellinis. And you get the idea. End result? Monday's weigh-in was 285.8 lbs! Holy porcini mushrooms! Monday saw a slight drop off, as did Tuesday, but neither as much as I would've hoped. I still eat too much, and the only physical activity I got on Monday was 45 minutes at the driving range. Side note, as I noted, work had been crazy busy and it had been at least a month since I'd been to the range. My swing, which was far from perfect, went from a solid meh to a screaming WTF!. Tuesday helped somewhat, because I had to do my 20 minute walk back to the train at the end of the day. End result, this morning's weigh-in was 284.4 lbs...right where I was two weeks ago!

Normally, today would be a gym day, because DAPGF sometimes goes out with friends on Wednesdays. Hoff likes those days because I can go to the gym and eat a Lean Cuisine for dinner instead of going to a restaurant. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like that's going to happen...so no gym and restaurant food. Not a good recipe for weight loss. At least I made it to the driving range at lunch. If I can minimize the damage today and make progress tomorrow with my walking, I might be in good condition to enter the weekend making some progress. My recent goal of losing 10 pounds in the month of March has obviously gone out the window. I've got 10 days until my birthday. My goal is to be under 280 lbs by the morning of my birthday (4/12), which is basically 5 pounds. So, .5 lbs per day. Theoretically, that should be an easy one. However, if it really was easy, I'd already be down to 240 lbs, so take from that what you will. Wish me luck, peeps.

No comments: