Created by MyFitnessPal - Calorie Counter

Thursday, October 18, 2007

One Little Day...Revisited

When last we posted, we observed how one little day can undo a whole bunch of good efforts. In that example, my Monday 10/8 weigh-in zoomed up to 281.4 lbs, due to some Mexican Food and Margarita indiscretions. By mid week, I'd dropped back to 279.6, almost to my revised goal of 279.4 lbs. And then work blew up in my face. Gym time? Out the window due to late hours. Golf time? Yeah, right. Still, I was managing to hover within spitting distance of my goal weight, and even made it to the gym that Sunday (10/14). But Sunday was not a good day. Breakfast was huge, and then I played in a poker tournament. I only had a few drinks and no real snacking, so yay me. Unfortunately that was the last good effort on my part. Dinner consisted of Italian. Those of you who read What Happened with any regularity know that I'm a pastafarian. It can be in the form of Lo Mein (Chinese), Pad Thai (Thai), Lasagna (Italian), Udon (Japanese), or even SpaghettiOs. I lurves me some pasta. Hell, carbs in general (rice, breads, french fries, tortilla chips, etc.), but pasta kicks ass. So dinner consisted of fresh bread, fried calamari, a nice salad, and 4 cheese tortellini. I was baaaaad. And the Monday weigh-in reflected this by hitting 281.4! Again!

So this week's goal is 279.4 lbs. Again. So far it hasn't been great, but I'm making bits of progress. Work has been slamming me, so the gym hasn't happened at all. The dog had a good vet appointment last week, and the doctors have said that we can start increasing the physical activity levels, so I'm starting to increase the duration of the walks. Beyond that, there's not much happening. As of today (10/18), I was down to 280.6 lbs, and hopefully I can get back into the groove by the weekend. Wish me luck, peeps.

No comments: