Created by MyFitnessPal - Calorie Counter

Wednesday, October 10, 2007

The one in which we see what damage one little day can do...

It's amazing how a week's worth of progress can be erased by one day's worth of "indiscretions".  My goal for this past Monday had been 276.8 lbs.  By Saturday morning I was down to 277.8, and getting closer to the goal.  But the entire week had been nothing but frustration for DAPGF, due to a variety of things work-related.  But on Sunday we managed to address some of the items and figure out an action plan to deal with the issues she's been facing.  I won't go into details, but think "jerk-off boss" and go from there.  Anyway, after our success in getting thru the weekend, DAPGF wanted to celebrate.  Here in San Diego, we gots us some wicked-tasty Mexican grub, and I'm not talking about El Pollo Loco or El Torito.  In particular, there's a California State Park that is called Old Town San Diego, and it reflects San Diego's Mexican and Native American heritage.  Think Williamsburg, VA, but with modern amenities and you won't be too far off.  So we went to our favorite Mexi joint there, had a couple of freshly made tortillas while we waited for them to call us for a seat, and then sat down.  Service was unfortunately a little slow, so we consumed a lot of chips and salsa, which weren't the best things for us (but oh were they tasty!), but what can you do?  Then the meal came.  Caesar salad, fajitas, beans, rice, and Margaritas galore!!  Oh and they were potent.  Any time you can smell the tequila as the waitress simply sets the glass down on the table, you know you're in for a good time.  End result, though, my weigh-in on Monday 10/8 was 281.4!!!  Holy crap!  I haven't been north of 280 in quite some time!  I guess my goal for 10/15 is going to be 279.4 lbs.

But as I've said many times, I'm still optimistic.  I know I can lose the weight, so I'm just going to go ahead and lose it!  Despite not being able to hit the gym yet this week, and having a 22 oz Breakwater Pale Ale with my lunch at the Rock Bottom Brewery on Tuesday (had to go to a meeting for work downtown, and it was from 11:30 to 1:30, so I earned a lunch…and I'm expensing it!  I looove being a consultant!), my weight this morning was down to 279.6.  Progress my friends, progress.  Just wish me luck in keeping it going.

No comments: