Created by MyFitnessPal - Calorie Counter

Saturday, March 17, 2007

We are experiencing techincal difficulties, please stand by...

So. Tuesday evenings, DAPGF teaches. That is my night to do things that don't require (and are frankly better without) the presence of DAPGF. These things involve mainly the gym after work, and various computer activities (blogging, poker, finding crazy/amusing old videos on You Tube and such). I knew I owed posts to you fine folks and the few freaks who still stop by Teh Randomness, as well as wanting to get my poker jones on, so I was looking forward to Tuesday and the expected frivolity.

So Monday evening (3/12) I put the computer into sleep mode before I put myself into sleep mode. Because of the internet nazis at work, I try to check my personal email at home before going into work, so I figured a quick boot was preferable. Tuesday morning, I woke up and hit the power switch, waiting for the standby blinks to go solid and my noisy little box to spring to life. Well that didn't happen. The fan made some noise, but that was it...no solid lights, no signal to the monitor, no power/signal to my wireless keyboard and mouse. After powering it off, powering back on a couple of times, I gave up and went to work. By the time I got home, it was completely dead...no power lights, no fan, nothing. So I hopped onto my new favorite website, Tech Support Forum (nerd alert!!! These guys rock! Super helpful on any number of different tech/computer related issues!) and dropped a couple of posts. Several people chimed in, all leaning hopefully towards the Power Supply Unit being dead, but expecting my motherboard to be completely fried. Wednesday I bought a new PSU and installed it...nothing. Yep, the board is fried. So I really had minimal computer access this week. I'm only able to blog now because I've got my work laptop tied into my home network. Any port in a storm. I'm missing my many gigs of mp3s, but at least I'm able to hop online.

Tuesday was also DAPGF's birthday, so I spent most of last weekend and Monday getting things ready for that. We went out to dinner on Saturday, and I got her gifts on Tuesday. I won't divulge the details, but it was all good.

Weight has been the yoyo syndrome, at the high end of where I've been...283-285. Although this morning (3/17), I'd managed to drop a pound and a half from Friday morning. And my boss bought us all pizza on Friday. Yummy stuff, and I didn't really hold back. Long dog walks must have done the trick. Who knows? Hopefully I can keep it going. I did find out from my parents that my dear brother in law (where's your blog, dude?) has managed to drop a bunch of weight since Christmas. I don't know what he weighed at Christmas, but I'd guess he's dropped 30 to 40 pounds. ALL BECAUSE OF PORTION CONTROL AND WILL POWER!!! Are you kidding me?!? Who uses will power? Now I feel even worse for having PF Chang's at lunch today with said parents, who took DAPGF out for her birthday. Will power...guess I'll have to try it.

Anyway, tech issues are an impediment, but I'm still going. Stay tuned for further updates...

No comments: