Created by MyFitnessPal - Calorie Counter

Saturday, March 01, 2008

Mowtivayshun - I can has pleez?

With apologies to the lolfans out there, March equals motivation. I have decided that I am motivated to actually accomplish a few things.

1. Stay caught up on emails. This is more difficult than one might think. 3 days per week, I work in Santa Ana in an office where I am blocked from accessing hotmail, yahoo mail, and Gmail. Between those three services, I have 10 or so email addys, 3 of which require regular attention. Before I leave in the mornings and before I crash out at night (DAPGF is asleep by this point), I'm going to make an effort to catch up on things.

2. Blogging. I am not only going to post more regularly at all of my blogs, but I'm also going to do a better job of keeping my Bloglines feed under control. Currently, I've got 582 unread posts. That is unacceptable. On nights DAPGF teaches, I will take an hour or so to run thru my Bloglines feeds, and maybe do a post or two. Some of this I can do at work, and will try to make circumspect use of that time.

3. Get back on the diet. Just to confirm how serious I am about this, I weighed myself at just after midnight, on the morning of March 1. 285.4 lbs. My goal is to lose at least 10 pounds over the course of March. The diet was the first "motivation" element I thought of, and I thought of it for one main reason. I turn 37 years old in April (when in the hell did I get old?). I really don't want my weight increasing with the years of my age, so I'm getting back on track. More consistent workouts, and more willpower when it comes to my food intake. Earlier in the week I succumbed to the siren call of a Chinese buffet. It was hawesome, but bad all at the same time. No more. No more vending machines, none of that. No more purchasing snacks to keep at the office. Nothing.

So there's my motivational goals. Wish me luck.

1 comment:

River Driver said...

Yeah, I need to remotivate, too. I was going to work out really hard all this past week and the next week and a half to try and drop some weight before going on a big kayaking trip that's coming up, but I got a cold and wussed out. I only hit the gym finally Thursday and Friday. I need to hit it hard this coming week and a half and try to lose whatever I can. Maybe now that the weather is starting to look more like spring I can finally get myself outside and do some outdoor activities. But we succumbed to the Chinese buffet too, last night ("Must...get...to...lo mein!"). Sheesh.