Created by MyFitnessPal - Calorie Counter

Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Merry Christmas!

Well, I can't speak for everybody, but it has been hella busy for me. I started two new work assignments that keep me out of the office a lot, and when I'm in the office I'm usually working on three different things at once. Combine all of that with going out of town for Christmas, and Hoff has been sorely behind in his blogging. So, on to the fat.

This morning (Wednesday, 12/26), I weighed in at 283.6 lbs. The last time I weighed myself on a known scale was Sunday, 12/23, and I weighed in at 284.2 lbs. I had been in the 282's, so that was an unwelcome bump. But given the holidays and being on the road, I'll take a drop in weight. New Year's Eve notwithstanding, I'm working hard to get back into a groove. These new assignments are time-killers...several times in the past few weeks I've not made it into the gym because I've worked late. Combine that with DAPGF's shortened teaching schedule (nothing between now and New Years, then 1 day a week thru February) and I'm sensing potential disaster. There are a few upsides to the new assignments. One of them involves field work, specifically meeting with several homeowners to talk about a construction project going on in and around their townhomes. This necessitates climbing up a lot of stairs, and walking around condo communities looking for units that may be impacted by this construction project. The other one is a remote assignment. Basically, 3 days each week I'll take the train from San Diego to Santa Ana, so that I can do planning work in this office from 9 to 2 each of those days. To maximize the amount of work I'm able to do, I'll be avoiding lunch. My plan is to have some sort of minimal calorie snack like a granola bar to keep me going. I don't know if there's snack opportunities on the train, but I will try to avoid them. The other upside to this is that in Santa Ana I'll have a walk of a little over a mile to and from the train. So there's 15 minutes morning and afternoon of light cardio. Every little bit, I suppose.

So we shall see if there's any positive effects that come out of these new assignments. New year, new assignments, maybe I can build some new momentum. I wish all of you luck and happy holidays!

No comments: