Created by MyFitnessPal - Calorie Counter

Monday, November 05, 2007

The best laid plans of mice and men...

Well it was nice to see that I could guess exactly what would happen after my last post. After my shocking jump to 284.8 last week, I guessed that by Tuesday's weigh-in I'd be down to around 282. Sure as hell, I weighed in at 282.0. Unfortunately, that was the end of the goodness. DAPGF has gone from teaching on the evenings of Tues, Wed, and Thurs to teaching on Monday and Thursday. So my potential gym times have dropped and they're less "strategically" located. I've now got a long period in the middle of the week where, not only am I not going to the gym, but I'm going out to eat evil good restaurant food instead of eating my Lean Cuisines and such. It is most certainly not conducive to steady weight loss. Admittedly it is my own fault...DAPGF isn't forcing food down my throat, but so much better to be able to avoid the temptation.

Anyway, back to my fat. Because of the way the week is now structured, each day I gained a little weight back. I went from 282.0 to 282.4 to 282.6 and so on. Probably the only reason I didn't completely blimp back up was the dog walks. Now that the doggie is healing up nicely, we go on longer walks, particularly in the evening. Every little bit helps. But traffic was a nightmare on Thursday and I didn't come close to even trying to go to the gym. And Saturday went beyond the normal evil meals and included getting together with some of DAPGF's friends for Chinese food (yum but evil) and drinky-drinks at their place afterwards. And I also didn't make it to the gym on both Saturday and Sunday (vet visit on Saturday and assorted chores on Sunday), so I missed out on two opportunities to try and offset the naughtiness that I had wrought. End result, this morning's weigh-in: 283.8. Yes I gained back 1.8 pounds during the course of the week, but I was still down a pound overall for the week. I'm going to take it.

The time change has been a huge benefit so far. I was able to get up early enough to walk the doggie a decent distance, and also get my gym bag together for after work. I also got to work early and motivated, and even took the stairs up to the 3rd floor. I'm going to kick ass this week. My 2 pound goal is 281.8 lbs, but I want to do better. With the time change I'm going to either try to do longer doggie walks in the morning, or (and I think this is the more effective option) do decent dog walks and do a 10-15 minute Exercise TV workout afterwards. Being back in the 280s sucks, or as it might be stated here, Do Not Want! Dammit, I'm going to beat this. That first 10-12 pounds came off really easily and quickly. I really plateaued and made zero progress in August and September, and started to backslide in October. November is going to resume progress. I'm obviously not going to make my goal of 240 by Christmas, unless I amputate my leg or something, but if I can get below 270 I'll feel pretty good. Wish me luck, and good luck to all of you.

No comments: