Created by MyFitnessPal - Calorie Counter

Thursday, June 14, 2007

And let the weight loss commence!

So.  Yesterday's post presented my new plan.  Instead of this lofty goal of getting down to 240 lbs, which as of yesterday morning's weigh-in would be a total loss of 48.2 lbs, I've got a new goal of losing 2 lbs per week.  I figure if I can keep this going consistently, I should hit the goal of 240 lbs by Christmas (just in time to put it all back on!).   IMO, it seems to be more effective and workable to set much smaller goals…the typical .5 lbs per day loss that someone putting forth mild effort looks so much more prominent when it is fully 25% of your goal, versus only being (in this case) 0.24% of the goal.  And the same is true on gains…a 25% gain can serve as a much greater wakeup call than a 0.24% gain.  And with that…

 

The weigh-in on 6/13 was 288.2 lbs.  I brought a typical meal spread to work…oatmeal, reduced fat wheat thins, Healthy Choice lasagna, chicken noodle soup, etc.   Between strategically scheduling snacks (wow!  I sound like some defense contractor or something!), drinking lots of water, and writing down my affirmations during times of snack-wanting, I managed to control my food intake.   And because DAPGF was teaching, I got to play online poker.  That meant that I didn't eat too much, because I didn't want to take unnecessary breaks from my tournaments.   So dinner consisted of one of the Vons (Safeway) "Eating Right" meals with some tortilla chips.  All told, not too bad food-wise.   And in addition to the 3 flights of stairs at work that I walked several times, I made it to the gym and then had a several mile walk with the dog last night.  It all paid off with a weigh-in this morning of 287.4…a drop of .8 lbs!  Considering I started this on Wednesday and I'm already almost half-way thru my first goal, I'm pretty pleased.  Let's see if I can keep it up.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great start!