Created by MyFitnessPal - Calorie Counter

Friday, May 08, 2009

Getting there...not quickly enough, but getting there.

So last week's weigh-in was 287.0 lbs, and I'd set my goal for today to be something below 284 lbs. The weekend started off with a slight drop, which went back up on the Monday weigh-in. Tuesday was pretty good, dropping down to 285.8, but being Cinco de Drinko, I knew that Wednesday's weigh-in wasn't going to be good. It could've been worse, being back to 286.2 lbs. But I knew it was my first gym day of the week (I hate DAPGF's new schedule), and I worked it. I was also diligent about what I ate, and it freaking worked! Who knew? Thursday's weigh-in dropped fantastically down to 284.4 lbs! And Wednesday had been a road day, with a naughty BK drive-thru experience in the morning. As I packed the gym bag on Thursday morning, I knew I was going to hit my goal. In the office, controlling the diet, and another gym night. But mid-way thru the day, I remembered that I needed to go pick up the Mother's Day gift I'd selected for my baby-doggy mama. Drive time there, searching in the store, thrashed mag stripe on the debit card, and rush hour drive home unfortunately eliminated the gym. And I unfortunately felt compelled to nibble on stuff at the house, while catching up on some DVR shows. End result? This morning's weigh-in was 286.2 lbs. Dammitalltohell! All that effort, undone in one day's lameness. Still, I showed that I can drop the weight, and that I need to go to the gym and exercise greater self-control.

Next week's goal should be 283.0 or lower. The weekend isn't going to be a help, because due to Mother's Day activities I won't be hitting the gym. We shall see. Happy Mother's Day to all the moms, and be sure to wish your mother a Happy Mother's Day, too. I wish I could. Miss ya, mom.

No comments: