Created by MyFitnessPal - Calorie Counter

Monday, June 09, 2008

The one in which we achieve a major goal...

Well how about that! Last Sunday's weigh-in turned out to be 280.6 lbs. That would set the goal of a 1.5 pound loss at 279.1 lbs. Generally, I did fairly well during the week. I didn't really lose anything, but I also didn't really gain anything. I did get sick on Wednesday, to the point of staying home from work on Thursday. The surprising thing was the weekend, though. We ate very carefully on Friday (Thai veggie stirfry) and I hit the gym Saturday (caturday?) for a weigh-in of 279.0 lbs! Yay me, but wait! This is a pattern of mine. Sunday, being weigh-in day, usually involves some backsliding from Saturday's weigh-in, even if I do go to the gym. And Saturday night was expected to be even worse. DAPGF and I celebrated 6 years (?!?) together by going to Fleming's Steakhouse for a righteous meal of dead cow and assorted stuff. She had the petite filet, and I had a 16 oz New York Strip that was melt-in-your-mouth yummy. Bread and their House Special potatoes (told ya we lurved our carbs) made with real cream, jalapeƱos, and cheddar cheese, and a complementary piece of their molten lava chocolate cake, accompanied by whole whipped cream and whole vanilla bean ice cream. OMFGA was it wonderful, but I was sure that I'd pay for it Sunday morning. And to top it off, because of long doggie walk and needing to get the car washed, I didn't make it to the gym. Weigh-in result? 279.0 lbs!!!! I made my goal and had an official weigh-in of under 280! And it was 2 weigh-ins in a row under 280!!!! Yay me!

So the goal for Sunday 6/15 will be 277.5. I'd have to go back and look, but I believe that will be the lowest weight I will have knowingly had since I discovered that my scale was broken back in 2006! And I must say, I'm on an excellent start! This morning's weigh-in? 279.0 lbs! And what makes this weigh-in that much more significant is that, not only was there no physical activity involved beyond a 10 minute dog walk, but the weigh-in occurred at 7:30 a.m. The weekend weigh-ins usually occur around 11 a.m. So that tells me that I actually went against the grain on Sunday and lost more weight! DAPGF is going to be gone nearly every night this week, so I am going to have some good gym opportunities along with safer food options. This may turn out to be a really good week. Here's hoping I don't screw it up!

1 comment:

River Driver said...

Yay you! Maybe you should join Dad's ballroom dancing group...

Still working on it...haven't cracked 190 again, but haven't gained any back...yet...